Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Anyone ever buy from Lichtsinn Motors?

Good morning ! Just wondering if anyone here has purchased a motorhome form Lichtsinn Motors? They have a couple of used motorhomes we would like to look at. You can PM me if you do not want your comments read here..

Thanks !!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My neighbor at the RV Storage Lot, purchased his from them and had only good things to say. I have purchased several items from their parts store with very good response and service.
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Last year I stopped there while visiting the factory and I was impressed. I spoke with Ron, himself and I had good feelings about the place. We received a very good price from them when we bought our Journey, but I got a little better price from our nearest dealer (Arlington RV Supercenter, RI). It's much better to make the 100 mile trip than the 1400 mile one for repairs & warrenty work. I would have no problem buying from them.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I would say NO problem. Very nice people, great sevice from their parts dept.
Pine Tree
pine tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I personally have not purchased from them but a close friend did and he has been very pleased. I have personally purchased parts with excellent results. Very customer driven. I would buy parts again and my friend would purchase a MH from them again. Good luck
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Hi,
I purchased our 2004 Winnebago Adventurer from them and was very happy with them and their service department, in fact to this day I buy parts from them whenever I need to.

The best part was that the motorhome I purchased only had 32 miles on it and i was able to break it in on the way home. They even arranged financing and everything. In fact they would allow you to park there with hookups to make the swap over.

There were a few minor problems after delivery and they took care of anything on the spot.

Lichtsinn motors is a very fine company to do business with and I recommend them highly. Say hello to Ron Sr. for me.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the replies.. I was contacted by a salesperson this afternoon about my inquiry of a couple of the used motorhomes they are offering.

I am waiting to see what hey have to offer my on trade in for my current trailer and pickup. For now they will stay listed on craigslist.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I've not bought a MH from them, but have bought many parts and their customer service is top notch!! If sales and service is anything like their parts department you couldn't go wrong.

Good Luck!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I bought a brand new View from them and the transaction was perfect. I have since traded it for a new Journey but found that locally on teh dealer's lot and he needed to move it.

Bob
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Wife and I bought from them in Sept. It was a long distance deal since we live in AK. We drove our '08 down and finalized everything, and came back in the new coach.

We were able to view the new coach online, over and over. Not as good as touching and feeling, but it worked. And by the way, they had the coach!

Everyone was very nice, and went out of their way to have us happy. We toured the factory and stayed overnight at the factory lot one night and at the dealer's lot a couple more. They found us a better interest rate than was readily available, and at the very last minute, found an even better one.

I thought we got a pretty good deal. Was it the absolute best, you never really know that do you...

The only down side for us was that it was far away and we were under a time constraint (still working).

I thought they treated us fairly.

Dan
Old 11-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

They are a great dealership. We bought our 09VA new from them and they kept their word on all points without hassle. We are out west but still email their service department with questions and they promptly respond. You can trust them.
rancherwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We have purchased 2 motor homes at Lichtsinns. A new 2000 Brave back in 2000 that we traded this year for a new 2010 Adventurerer 32H. I recommend them. Honest, fair, good people. They have top notch service and parts depatments as well.
Jon
Old 11-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Got my 2008 Tour from them. I did everything by email. Ron himself was the sales person. We seen the RV at a show and a few months later purchased it.

I email service all the time with questions and they get back to me the same day. Ron reminds me of any other used car salesman. Remember only one mile from the factory. I am so sick of hearing that phrase.
sam-tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Thanks again for the replies.. They did get back to me today with some pricing on my trades. They were competitive. I need to do the math and see if driving over 2000 + miles would be worth it to save $2-3K
Old 11-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

I am glad to hear of all the positive results with Lichtsinn. We had heard that they were the best, but here is our experience.

Our experience was not nearly the same. After traveling 1100 miles to Iowa to attend the Knoxville Nationals (we were there for 12 days) and being very interested in two used Tours they had at the time (one is still there), we never made it to the dealership.

We could not get the designated salesperson to timely return phone calls or emails or even to arrange a day and time to look at the two we were interested in at the time. They just seemed to not care. They also were a significant amount of money apart from what we thought would be a fair deal.

It turned out to be good for us as we have decided to keep our Journey for at least another year. And I don't think I will even bother with them when we return in 2011 for two more weeks. I can find plenty of other things to do those two weeks without visiting Litchsinn.
ohdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

Well, they did call back again today with some more information that I asked them to look up.. But it looks like I might be going with the 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 33V I found locally.

I might try them for parts in the future, it looks like a lot of people here have used them for that with great success.

OK, now did I hear something about sprint cars? I love dirt track racing..
Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I purchased our 2008 Tour 40' from them over the Internet -- and had the coach delivered to us in Florida. Naturally, we were concerned about this distant purchase, but it worked out great. The coach was delivered in perfect shape and we have spent almost 3 happy years in it since then. What little service that was needed was professionally handled -- a pleasure to deal with folks with high integrity. We would buy another from them without hesitation.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
Well, they did call back again today with some more information that I asked them to look up.. But it looks like I might be going with the 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 33V I found locally.

I might try them for parts in the future, it looks like a lot of people here have used them for that with great success.

OK, now did I hear something about sprint cars? I love dirt track racing..
Glad you were able to find something you liked locally. Can't imagine driving 2,000 miles to save $2-3,000. Considering your time, travel expense, and cost of fuel I doubt you could have come out very much ahead.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Bought two units from Lichtsinn. Never again. Price on 2nd coach was not competitive. Not pleased with attitude of Ron and other reps he has now. Not pleased with condidtion of coach at PDI, coach was not prepped at all. Service dept undermanned. Lead tech not current on many items, has to work on too many different models. Tech had to redo work he did on our first coach. Only positive items for this dealership is the parts operation and proximity to factory.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

NoMoreAZ: When was your second purchase?? I see you have a 2006.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote