Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Well, this is a surprise, but I have been the last hour and a half trying to get the white face panel off to replace the dump valves on our 2000 35U Suncruiser. The problem is the right side of the panel. Everything is loose from the panel itself. The left side is loose, but the right side seems to be fastened in some mysterious way. All three screws on top are out. The two black screws that fasten the thing to the frame are out. I even removed three screws that are 3 inches further away from the opening. Does anyone know the secret to releasing the right side of the panel??? I can run a putty knife along the edge and there is nothing there. I can pry on the thing with a screwdriver and it just doesn't move at all, but the left side wiggles up and down just fine. Help!!
Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Well, this is a surprise, but I have been the last hour and a half trying to get the white face panel off to replace the dump valves on our 2000 35U Suncruiser. The problem is the right side of the panel. Everything is loose from the panel itself. The left side is loose, but the right side seems to be fastened in some mysterious way. All three screws on top are out. The two black screws that fasten the thing to the frame are out. I even removed three screws that are 3 inches further away from the opening. Does anyone know the secret to releasing the right side of the panel??? I can run a putty knife along the edge and there is nothing there. I can pry on the thing with a screwdriver and it just doesn't move at all, but the left side wiggles up and down just fine. Help!!
Dirk
Old 06-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Although I have a differnt motorhome, I tried to remove mine also. I found 3 spot welds connecting the big white piece to another, The spot welds look like 3/16 inch discoloration's in the steel. I was trying to get access for something else and gave up. If I wanted to go further I would have drilled out the spot welds with a 1/4 inch drill bit.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
?
Winnebago Watcher

I just completed removing this panel and pulling the pluming for the gray and black water out to repair a leak in the gray water line. I also have the 2000 Itasca Suncruser. In my bay the white panel was stuck in the caulking on the right side. Mine was exactly as you discribed it. I had to pry it loose. The caulking is very agressive and when you go to put the panel back in the remaining caulk can be in the way to get a good snug fit like it was when the job was started. I did call Winnebago for some advice on removing the panel and they were a big help. This is not an easy job but doable.
? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Jim,
I have a 2004 40AD and I may have something to help you. I have the same situation you have (I think). The "L" shaped piece on the upper left is indeed spot welded to the piece that I wanted to take off. What I discovered was that the "L" shaped piece, where it comes to the outside panel which surrounds the opening (black on mine), there are three screws screwed in from the outside, thru the black surround and into the white piece. Once I removed the screws the panel can loose and I was able to remove it.

Hope this helps,
Pete
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Dirk, I just took mine off, (200 35U), there are no welds. Just as ? says there is a bit of caulking that can hold it fairly tight. I took mine off in order to replace the two valves with electric valves and didn't run into much of a problem getting the metal face plate out.
Good luck with it.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Again thanks to those that responded, especially ? and Ktlyford who hit the nail on the head. The right side of the panel is glued with some kind of black urethane looking stuff that can't be seen, but can be cut with a putty knife. After a minute or two it popped right out. I can't believe the accumulated knowledge of people on this forum. I did discover that there are two different dump valve seals from Valtera that carry the same VIN number but are quite different. If you replace the seals (which should be done after 8 or 9 years because they get hard and don't work well) be sure to get the same seals that were in the valves originally. Otherwise except for the black water valve being in a hard-to-reach place, the job is pretty straight-forward. Again, thanks for your help.
Dirk