Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

stabilizing jacks

My last trailer had stabilizing jacks. Has anyone put these on a Class C. I'm not talking about leveling just stabilizing.
cptrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The Winnebago View/Navion have them as an option, which we added. We've never used them.
In hindsight, I wish we could have had a hydraulic auto-leveler option instead.

So, yes they are available from the factory, and I would imagine as an add on after the fact.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
" Winnie Nutt "

We have the stabilizers on our 2018 View . They are not for leveling and are not automatic . They work well and we use them . I do not like the location of the control buttons . Hard to see and get to in the ceiling of the electrical storage cabinet . Would ask if there is a better location for the buttons if you have them installed . Even our dealer did not like the controls location . We have found that we do not need the hydraulic levelers .
Buddy’s RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

I wouldn't bother. I don't always use my levelers (Bigfoot) and the coach is plenty stable without them. I did beef up the suspension with Hellwig anti-sway bars, which probably help with the stability. IMO this would be a better use of your money for stability on and off the road.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptrick View Post
My last trailer had stabilizing jacks. Has anyone put these on a Class C. I'm not talking about leveling just stabilizing.
I got the stabilizers from the factory on a new 2019 Winnebago View.

I use them and they do help. and also do help finesse the side to side level when I use my "LevelMate Pro" iPhone APP. I also like to finesse the rear of the coach 2 degrees higher than level as I have th 24G with the rear bed slide out. So. the LevelMate Pro sets it as level then the stabilizer finesse it. And since our bed is to the rear of the rear axel the levelers make a nice difference.

The weight of hydraulic leveling system on a Mercedes-Sprinter chassis gets you closer to the Gross weight plus $$. My LevelMate Pro app with plastic blocks. makes leveling quite easy. all 4 corners show on the app Phone screen
PJTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have stabilizers on the rear of our 29 ft. Minnie Winnie Class C.. We manually screw them down. They do help.

We use a sack of 'lego blocks" (garage sale find) under the stabilizer, so we don't have so far to wind down.
Leslie & Mike
Leslie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Many people get tired of using the jack stands and add them to stabilize their coaches after a while.

I am spoiled since my coach is a Class A with factory levelers with the control panel to the left of the steering wheel in plain sight and easy reach of the driver. Its really nice to not have to stand outside in the rain, heat, etc while dealing with leveling and stabilizing the coach. I travel with some who have to do all this manually with cranks and stands so most times when we all arrive at the same time we will be fully set up and have supper on the table and ready to serve well before they are done setting up on their sites. Only downside is that we usually feel sorry for them and end up feeding those who took the longest to get set up. We carry some extra pasta to add to the pot for those occasions now so its really not that big a downside but...

Its surprising though how many people with slide outs where leveling jacks are just about mandatory fail to use them.

Many times not even stabilizers are included on the smaller rigs though due to weight considerations as many builders overload their chassis so badly that you do not have enough carry capacity to carry fuel, water, people along with their stuff and deal with the extra hundred or so lbs from installing even manual stabilizers.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #8
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Our Minnie Winnie 22M Class C on the E 450 came with electric rear stabilizers supplied as part of the premium pkg. ( now an optional extra).
As our bed slides out on the rear driver's side we use them virtually every time. And I totally agree with Buddy's RV about the location- big pain.
All that being said I can only reaffirm we use them whenever the slide goes out. So, since you asked, get them.
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Vita 24P

Our 2020 Vita comes with stabilizers, and yes switch located in rear storage compartment? Why? But they do stop the shaking when deployed and help with the extra long slideout.

Tags
jacks