Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2015 Adventurer 38Q plumbing question

I recently bought my 38Q and am looking for an owner who also has this year and model that would not mind doing a little comparison with me.

I plan to take back under warranty but I want my ducks in a row before I go in to raise cane.

Last weekend coming home from camping, we were noticing a sewage odor towards the rear of the coach; bedroom area mostly. Could not detect the nature at the time. This week we went out again and when the wife opened the drawers under the wardrobe, there was the foul odor.

I removed the drawers to take a closer look and found an open black PVC below coming up and not connected to anything. I stuffed a rag in it for the time being until I can find a cap to put on it.

What I want to find out is if there is additional plumbing behind the wardrobe that I am missing. If I were to guess, it is for the washer machine which I did not get in my unit. I believe it is where the washer drain line feeds back to the black tank.

I am thinking regardless whether I have the washer or not, the plumbing should be pre-run.
Please, I am asking for factual info and not theory inputs. Whoever can assist would be highly appreciated. I need to know what my fight is when I go to battle.

Thanks much in advance..

Dutch
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Dfreiberger, here is a factual drawing. The washer drain needs a cap on that pipe if you are not getting any water in the p-trap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38Q washer drain.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	91753  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have the 35 G. Similar. Washer/ Dryer in same place. Yes, yours would be prepped. should be capped but should go to gray tank. Small fix but big irritation. I have had three Winnebagos. This one by far has the worst quality control. On the other hand Winnebago has been good about fixing all problems. Good luck.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

cpoo, the 38Q drains into the black tank, I guess because it is closer.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

adventurer 38Q plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Dfreiberger, here is a factual drawing. The washer drain needs a cap on that pipe if you are not getting any water in the p-trap.
Grant,
This is exactly what I was looking for. Does this represent with or without factory installed washer? The entire yellow 2 inch tube going aft towards the washer set up is missing. I have not tried to get behind the washer/dryer false panel because it is more than I dare to challenge. My fear is none of it is installed. What I don't know from this point is whether all the plumbing you show should have been a factory install.

I will put a cap on it in for the short term and then have my dealer fix it right. If the plumbing is supposed to be ther from the factory, then they owe it to me. After all, I payed for it.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoo View Post
I have the 35 G. Similar. Washer/ Dryer in same place. Yes, yours would be prepped. should be capped but should go to gray tank. Small fix but big irritation. I have had three Winnebagos. This one by far has the worst quality control. On the other hand Winnebago has been good about fixing all problems. Good luck.
Thanks much for your input. Agree the full plumbing should be capped if no washer installed. How does this get missed in a quality check? Pretty obvious..
Old 04-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Dfreiberger, Washer/dryer prep is factory standard.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Dfreiberger, after studying the plumping drawings, it shows the long pipe going to the back and has a cap installed where the elbow turns up in the picture. So the washer/dryer prep package does not include the piping going up from the pipe going to the back but does show the pipe going to the back.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Dfreiberger, Here are some pictures from the plumping drawings. The 21S option code is with washer/dryer option and 21M option code is with the standard washer/dryer prep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38Q washer drain.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	91776   Click image for larger version

Name:	38Q washer drain  3.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	91777  

Old 04-17-2015, 09:42 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfreiberger View Post
Thanks much for your input. Agree the full plumbing should be capped if no washer installed. How does this get missed in a quality check? Pretty obvious..
Quality check? Ha!
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:32 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Dfreiberger, Here are some pictures from the plumping drawings. The 21S option code is with washer/dryer option and 21M option code is with the standard washer/dryer prep.
So it appears I was shorted the 1585 long pipe and an elbow with a cap to close it off as part of the prep.

I always thought PREP would represent full plumbing for plug and play isstallation of a future washer/dryer install. Makes me skeptical about what else is missing (electrical, water) in the event I decide to install a washer/dryer.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Dfreiberger, looks like the electric is there and the water lines are capped and lying on the floor. Differently not plug and play.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Dfreiberger, looks like the electric is there and the water lines are capped and lying on the floor. Differently not plug and play.
Thank you much Grant. You have definitely answered my questions. I put a plug in the line for now until I get it to my dealer and let them install what I should have had initially.

Thanks again.

Tags
plumbing, vent