Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2015, 01:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

adventurer 38q 2015

My recommendation is to avoid winnebago.
Multiple issues; 6 major water leaks, parts omitted from slide, vent caps blow off, no GPS module installed, wires not attached to propane heater, leaks in radiator rear unit, wallpaper peeling, generator would not run washer, wiring harness incorrectly wired, shower faucet leaks, shower door will not stay shut, tiles crack, driver seat came un wired, seeps covers blow off, v10 struggles with steep inclines. I wrote a letter to CEO and did receive a call from a rude service manager. After many dialogues; I believe it is a we can out wait your warranty. Dealer called Vice-president of opperations with some lip service. Advice?
dagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Keep records of everything - transactions, problems, discussions, etc.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Check. I have all warranty repair papers. Thanks
dagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:00 AM   #4
aa1ssradio

Well only thing I can say is out of all the RV's Winnebago makes . . . You fot the lemon. I have had several and they were always an excellent built coach. If I could get rid of that wind noise by the drivers window it would be great.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We have 2015 Sightseer, 6 months, 5000 miles, NOT one single problem. Installed Safety Plus and mud flap, other than that have not been back to Dealer (Camping World), very satisfied so far. Now that I said that, I expect the gremlins will get me.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Have a 2015 Suncruiser 38Q and love it. 17k miles this year so far... If I were you I would take a trip to the factory and they will take care of all your issues. Most sound like they are really prep issues which is what you pay your selling dealer to resolve before you pick it up, but with that said most dealers are not qualified to wash the windshield let alone perform actual repairs. If you give The factory a chance to address your issues, I am sure they will get it straightened out.

As to the chassis being underpowered, Coming from a Workhorse with the big block Chevy I was initially disappointed with the seeming lack of power of the Ford chassis. Over the last 17k miles I have learned that the v10 wants to spin faster (a lot faster) than I ever had to with the big block so I have relearned how to drive the coach and it performs just fine. It's not a race car but it carried us and dragged our jeep to Alaska and back last summer much more comfortably than any of our previous coaches. If you want to get your coach right take a week or two and get the factory guys to straighten it out. If you want to complain you are already off and running...
j.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Purchasing a "perfect coach" is as rare as unicorns! Good for those that have purchased the rare unicorn These are very complex units with so many things to go ary along the assembly line. So many mishaps that don't get caught on the final inspections both in the factory and at the customer delivery. That said, if your not the handy type that has the ability and the willingness to make the corrections yourself, being at the mercy of the dealer can be very frustrating, time consuming and often disappointing.

In your case I agree that a planned appointment at the factory with a comprehensive detailed list with a focus on the major issues (leaks) may be your best advice.

Our 2016 has had literally dozens of minor issues that I've addressed myself. Some of the issues just have have me shaking my head at the assembly process. Items like having no flange gasket on the toilet (talk about leaks); headlight hanging on by only one screw; medicine cabinet door falling off the hinges; and the list goes on and on. But, as long as the many problems are relatively minor I prefer to fix them myself and to be thankful to avoid the major issues. I really, really want to avoid dealer repairs as much as I can.

Bottom line is that while Winnebago will likely always have manufacturing problems, all the other comparable coach manufacturers will also have essentially the same manufacturing quality issues...some better...some worse and then there's the occasional horror story. Regardless, I'm convinced it's simply the nature of this complex manufacturing industry. So many complex chassis systems and SO many vendor supplied pieces of equipment that have potential for failure.

Best of luck with all your repairs, and do hang in there. It may be less stressful for you if you can try to focus on one problem at a time.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Yes there will be problems, but give the Service Department a chance to fix them all. In most cases the Dealer will tell you anything to make you happy. You need to get in good with the Service department. They may not like it because they don't get all the actual hours of repair time for New Deliveries/rework but being nice with them can go along way. Also give them the time they need to do the repair. Leave the coach with them and don't be in a rush to get it back. It's warranty work.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I can relate. 2015 Adventurer 38Q purchased in Oct 14.

Fourth RV owned and know that there is no perfect coach!! I am okay with that. Way too much wrong for a new coach. Wrote to Winnebago and never received a response. Received a confirmation of delivery of my letter. HA

Plumbing for washer drain not installed. Open drain elbow venting black tank into coach

Wallpaper peeling

Slide out rattling and cricking; Left side adjusted and shimmed, now right side hanging up when retracting

Bathroom wall loose

Floor squeaking in hall way when walking; wakes the wife up in the morning

Pocket door latch broke. Jury rigged because dealer did not want to replace door.

Shower drain heavy leak. Bad elbow to drain

Broke waterline for ice maker. Had new line strung across coach to fridge

Rear window leak. Still leaks and dealers says nothing wrong

Matrix for HDMI quit. Replaced myself direct from company

Dual air mattress bed had one mattress broken and no inflate. Mattress replaced.

Many more...too many to list.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent