Old 01-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Where is this leak coming from?

I have another post that asks where to buy a windshield seal. I noticed a 2 inch gap where this seal (called window reveal molding) had shrunk. I put some butyl putty in the gap and thought I had a temporary fix. I also sealed the clearance lights over the cab. I ordered the seal material and the channel. This morning it rained pretty hard and there was a puddle on my dash. It is baffling as to where the water can be coming in. Any ideas?
BTW, I also have a new roof, and I am certain that does not leak. I removed the trim at the top of the windshield on the inside. It was wet, but I am baffled by where it can be coming in.
DonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Check where the front cap seals to the roof - especially in the two ends (sloping over the side). We use a hose on low volume and let it run on a section at a time to see if we can duplicate the leak.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The irony of this is that I paid big bucks to have RV Armor put on my roof because I did not want any leaks on my roof. I am very happy with this and they coated the roof down to just above the clearance lights in the front and down the sides.
I will check it again in a few days using a hose.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Might narrow down the leak to top edge of the windshield ...
Old 01-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I just ordered the seal at the top of the windshield. I think it is called molding reveal window. I also ordered the channel that it fits into. This is the one that has the double sided tape to fasten it down. I plan to use my butyl tape to make sure the whole windshield is totally sealed.
BTW, I used the butyl tape to seal the clearance lights. That really worked quite well. They will probably be sealed for years to come.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2017 Journey and has a similar issue. In the first heavy rain in Southern California we had a puddle on the dash, right side. A local tech checked the roof - no problems - but suspected the over the door awning is funneling the water to the top right had corner of the window and the window isnot sealed correctly. Now trying to get into a warranty facility in socal for repair. We put ductape over the corner to hopefully stop further leaks.
Montyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak