Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

I have just uploaded pictures of our bedroom slide leak issue here on our RV pages.

There are pictures of:

-my attempt to fix our slide leak
-a 2005 Horizon on the lot at Lazydays showing another slide gasket
-Lazydays' fix to our coach
-finally what a 2006 Vectra gasket looks like

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have just uploaded pictures of our bedroom slide leak issue here on our RV pages.

There are pictures of:

-my attempt to fix our slide leak
-a 2005 Horizon on the lot at Lazydays showing another slide gasket
-Lazydays' fix to our coach
-finally what a 2006 Vectra gasket looks like

Old 12-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I hope for you also John If it makes you feel better the Newmars have the same type gasket an three of mine never leaked. I did a follow up on my slide, if you look at bedroom Vectra pic down the bottom on trim molding of slide that bottom corner into coach is where the water will travel along the trim into the coach. On mine inside behind the face trim of slide there is a piece of aluminum angle iron, 1 1/2", that meets the slide rubber gasket on inside, before the face comes flush with interior wall, down at the bottom of this angle iron it seats into the bottom trim of slide and there is a bead of silicone going down across this trim to follow thru to bottom of slide. Its not very large just about 1/8" enough to cause any water to run off coming in on the trim piece. Not sure you have this angle piece. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:12 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Great pics John!!! Looks like the new gasketing will be a good fix. Did LazyDays have to pull the slide off the coach to install it?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Not sure you have this angle piece. "007" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No, I don't believe so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by troth:
Great pics John!!! Looks like the new gasketing will be a good fix. Did LazyDays have to pull the slide off the coach to install it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tom - they did the repair without pulling the slide. I believe everything they worked on was reasonably accessable. The quality of the workmanship was quite good I thought.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

John, maybe it is the angle of the pic of the 06, but it looks like the trim strips are not flush along where the seal is. I had my bedroom slide fixed at Forest City, and they cut the bottom trim strip, and top trim strip to allow the new strip to run from top to bottom with no joints.

One issue I had was they reversed the seal rubber as part of the fix. This stopped the leak, but the rubber tends to pull out of the black clamping strip. In fact, yesterday I had to reset the rubber back into the strip. Is the "new" fix using a newly designed rubber seal, or like mine just a reversed old strip?

Oh yes, great pics John. Thanks.

2003 Ultimate Advantage
Ptribbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Pat - as far as I can tell, my gasket and the '06 look the same. The texture of the '06 inside wiper looked a little different for what that is worth - but who knows if I have a different design gasket!

Unfortunately I did not talk to the tech post repair to ask details about the gasket. I did try to chat with them as much as possible; when I tried to get an update on the coach when it looked like they were winding things up, it had already been moved to the rain bay for the leak test.

Thanks for the kind remarks about the pictures! I have several more to post - I'll get them up shortly. They all have to be doctored in Photoshop and that takes a little time.