Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
jgh
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 17
Add picture to a post?

how do i add picture to a new thread?
__________________
2006 Winnebago Sightseer 34a
jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 341
How to add photos to a post

Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1000 x 1000 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 50K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
__________________
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:58 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner
 
Wyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 685
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh View Post
how do i add picture to a new thread?
I’ll also add that adding a photo that you’ve taken often ends up sideways, or disoriented.

The work around is it take a screen shot of your photo, and then upload the screenshot, not the original photo...
__________________
26 m 2018 Intent Owner with too many upgrades to mention. Seriously...
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums248.html
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:03 AM   #4
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 2,647
Actually Wyatt, without realizing it, it is you that is taking the photo sideways or upside down.

See, your phone or tablet has a gyro inside and knows what is right side up. When you take a photo upside down your device’s camera marks the true orientation EXIF data on the photo denoting it’s actual orientation when you take the photo. But, then your device displays your upside down photo as right side up. It’s still upside down, just being shown to you as right side up.

Desktop computers and forum software don’t have gyros and they read the EXIF data on the photo to display the actual orientation just as you took the picture.

All you need do is learn how to use your phone or tablet to take a photo with the correct orientation OR load photos from your devices onto a desktop computer and then correct the image in photo editing software.

If you edit the photo’s orientation On a computer and save that edit it will now have the correct EXIF data to be displayed correctly everywhere.

For most phones right side up is the home button on the phone down or when taking side shots put the home button on the right. On an iPhone you can also always take side shots correctly if the volume buttons are down at the bottom.
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:44 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner
 
Wyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 685
Blog Entries: 1
Ah, now I know why so many of us are (were) having issues. Thank you! The screenshot upload works I guess as it doesn’t contain that information as to the orientation of which one took the photo. It’s hard sometimes taking a photo in all the places, like underneath your RV so on and so forth requires want to use a different hand I can imagine why these photos being taken upside down or sideways.
So at least we can put that want to rest, easy enough.
__________________
26 m 2018 Intent Owner with too many upgrades to mention. Seriously...
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums248.html
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner
 
K9AEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Actually Wyatt, without realizing it, it is you that is taking the photo sideways or upside down.

See, your phone or tablet has a gyro inside and knows what is right side up. When you take a photo upside down your device’s camera marks the true orientation EXIF data on the photo denoting it’s actual orientation when you take the photo. But, then your device displays your upside down photo as right side up. It’s still upside down, just being shown to you as right side up.

Desktop computers and forum software don’t have gyros and they read the EXIF data on the photo to display the actual orientation just as you took the picture.

All you need do is learn how to use your phone or tablet to take a photo with the correct orientation OR load photos from your devices onto a desktop computer and then correct the image in photo editing software.

If you edit the photo’s orientation On a computer and save that edit it will now have the correct EXIF data to be displayed correctly everywhere.

For most phones right side up is the home button on the phone down or when taking side shots put the home button on the right. On an iPhone you can also always take side shots correctly if the volume buttons are down at the bottom.
Thanks much. Was wondering why I was having upside down pics.

I just looked on my Android Samsung phone, and know know that side shots with home button on right, puts the volume buttons on the bottom. That isn't the way I was using it as with the buttons on top I use the volume UP button to take the picture, rather than tapping the screen. Little did I know I have been taking upside down side pic's ....
__________________
Denny and Barb, Intent 26M, Renology 800w Solar sys.
Four 12v batteries, Sumo Springs front, RM anti-sway
RM Steering Stabilizer, Home Wisconsin and Arizona
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner
 
theSane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Arizona
Posts: 139
My computer shows them in the direction the gyro says they should be oriented. To fix it, I have been opening each picture I want to upload in "MS Photos", rotating them 360 degrees, and saving a copy.
__________________
-- I must be the last optimist on the planet
2018 Winnebago Intent 31P
Roadmaster anti-sway bar Front/Rear, Safe-T-Plus, SumoSprings-Front/Rear
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #8
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Little did I know I have been taking upside down side pic's ....
People tend to think it's a forum software problem. A Google search shows thousands of answers and many people think that since the volume buttons will take the photo that they must go at the top like a camera shutter.
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #9
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSane View Post
My computer shows them in the direction the gyro says they should be oriented. To fix it, I have been opening each picture I want to upload in "MS Photos", rotating them 360 degrees, and saving a copy.
It's a couple of steps easier to just take them in the correct orientation to begin with. Once learned it's an easy operation.
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner
 
theSane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Arizona
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
It's a couple of steps easier to just take them in the correct orientation to begin with. Once learned it's an easy operation.
If I am holding something open, or out of the way, and operating the camera one-handed, it is often easier for me to fix the orientation later. I generally need to edit the picture and resize the it downward anyway as the 5mb size is too big for uploading.
__________________
-- I must be the last optimist on the planet
2018 Winnebago Intent 31P
Roadmaster anti-sway bar Front/Rear, Safe-T-Plus, SumoSprings-Front/Rear
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:10 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner
 
K9AEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
People tend to think it's a forum software problem. A Google search shows thousands of answers and many people think that since the volume buttons will take the photo that they must go at the top like a camera shutter.
Ha ha, yes guessing a lot of us think that way. Would make sense, but we didn't engineer the shudder button placement.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM   #12
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Ha ha, yes guessing a lot of us think that way. Would make sense, but we didn't engineer the shudder button placement.
Not to argue with you, but as an FYI the volume controls were not initially shutter buttons. They were turned into auxiliary shutter buttons about 5 years after cameras on phones started being a thing. But it wasn't always that way. There should be a large button on the screen that is the "official" shutter button.
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner
 
K9AEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 231
And yes there is a large button on the screen. But well I kinda got used to the Vol button! What can I say....
__________________
Denny and Barb, Intent 26M, Renology 800w Solar sys.
Four 12v batteries, Sumo Springs front, RM anti-sway
RM Steering Stabilizer, Home Wisconsin and Arizona
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:37 PM   #14
Proud “No Intent” Owner
 
Wyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 685
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Not to argue with you, but as an FYI the volume controls were not initially shutter buttons. They were turned into auxiliary shutter buttons about 5 years after cameras on phones started being a thing. But it wasn't always that way. There should be a large button on the screen that is the "official" shutter button.
Guys, this is easy. You can do the work around the Creativepart mentioned, or you can just take a screen shot of whatever photo you took and upload that. That removes the orientation “tags” and the photo will always be in the orientation of the screen shot you took.
__________________
26 m 2018 Intent Owner with too many upgrades to mention. Seriously...
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums248.html
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:46 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner
 
K9AEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Not to argue with you, but as an FYI the volume controls were not initially shutter buttons. They were turned into auxiliary shutter buttons about 5 years after cameras on phones started being a thing. But it wasn't always that way. There should be a large button on the screen that is the "official" shutter button.
MISSION CONTROL HERE, We have a problem....

I just took a side pic with the S9 making sure the volume buttons were facing down. Went to view the pic and guess what? It was "Upside Down".

So what's the deal here? Samsung not conforming?

Denny
__________________
Denny and Barb, Intent 26M, Renology 800w Solar sys.
Four 12v batteries, Sumo Springs front, RM anti-sway
RM Steering Stabilizer, Home Wisconsin and Arizona
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #16
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 2,647
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ - Turn Screen Rotation On / Off

Swipe down on the Status bar (at the top). The image below is an example.
Swipe down from the top of the display to expand the quick settings menu.
Tap 'Auto rotate' or 'Portrait'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lower_window_shade-01.gif
Views:	22
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	173405  
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:22 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner
 
K9AEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ - Turn Screen Rotation On / Off

Swipe down on the Status bar (at the top). The image below is an example.
Swipe down from the top of the display to expand the quick settings menu.
Tap 'Auto rotate' or 'Portrait'.
Ok see what you mean. See what your getting at. Thanks.

But I do like Auto-Rotate on for some of my APPs. Thanks again
__________________
Denny and Barb, Intent 26M, Renology 800w Solar sys.
Four 12v batteries, Sumo Springs front, RM anti-sway
RM Steering Stabilizer, Home Wisconsin and Arizona
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gear shifter cable not 'tight', (picture) teamfalcon General Maintenance and Repair 7 08-29-2008 12:52 PM
Posting A Picture Ron and Patti Forum Admin | News | Member Concerns 8 03-23-2008 11:24 AM
Rear camera has sound - no picture Ron-in-Tn Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 21 10-09-2007 10:24 AM
A little OT: Picture of Jill at The Lodge in Forest City John_Canfield Winnebago General Discussions 6 05-24-2006 01:29 AM
Picture of Jane, Bob Gregory, and buddy Jim John_Canfield Winnebago General Discussions 14 04-20-2006 04:07 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×