Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to the winnie only website.

Ken & Becky Retired postal rural carrier from Iowa. After doing 6 months of research on many brands and models, decided on a 2008 Adventurer 35A with Workhorse chassis. Spent another couple of months looking for that exact model. We've had it for 5 years now and love it. It has every option that was available in 2008. Workhorse chassis is Great. Wish they still offered them as an option. The only problem we had is when we replaced our front TV. Still have three wires that have no place to plug into on the new smart HD tv??
The only other problem we had was when we set our sleep number bed in iowa. My wife likes a hard bed. (90). When we got to Yellowstone NP, her bed was so hard that it sprung a leak from all the expansion in the mountains. Sleep number replaced it foe $25. Just a note for you folks to keep in mind when traveling from plains to altitude!!! LOL
becken63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Site Team

Thanks for the intro and welcome to The forum. We have an Adventurer 35P and also love it!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for sharing - our new-to-us 04 Vectra also has the sleep number bed, and we live at 6000 feet. The air mattress was something that I never thought of when moving from sea level to elevation, etc. Thanks for the heads-up!!
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I like the new web site but resently had a problem and wanted to reset my chassis controller and that have had Allison check the transmission which is fine but you refurred me to Allison which has nothing to do with chassis controller
DakotaSatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
Site Team

I'm sorry if someone gave you a suggestion that wasn't useful, but a forum is just a group of owners that attempt to help each other. Sometimes you get valuable info and other times not so valuable. No matter, it's just folks being nice and trying to help you.

I went back and looked at your question on the "chassis controller". That model Adventurer has an engine/transmission combination that's been discontinued a while ago. So not everyone will know about your problem or even what the "chassis controller" you were told needs reset even is.

I did some searching and while it's not an answer to your question - it is a place that might be able to understand your problem and help you with an answer. It's a well-known RV Repairs and Modifications company and they have a Workhouse technical problem advice website. I think you can phone them as well.

Here's a link to the website: https://www.brazelsrv.com/Brazel's%2...s%20Diagnostic

Again, we're not Winnebago, but a bunch of owners just like you trying our best to help a fellow owner out. So, don't shoot me if I'm wrong with my suggestion.