Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-20-2023, 10:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New owner of a Winnebago Journey 40U

Hi all,

I am a new member of the Winnie community. I just got a 2013 Winnebago Journey 40U and it is being delivered after the first of January.

I would really like to hear from people who own this model or similar as I am a complete newbie.

I plan to take driving lessons in February. I got my RV inspected by someone certified and Camping World is finishing up small repairs as I write.

We plan to mainly use the RV as an extra living space outside my home in a rural area. As we learn to use it and become familiar with the whereabouts of key hookups etc., then we will brave using the RV for recreation.

for now, I am told that the driver's side has all the hook ups for water, sewer, propane and such. Can anyone tell me where the hookups are, ie, close to the front of the drivers side, mid-way or near the back?

Thanks, 2222/kk
2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 11:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the group and don't be shy about being new! Most of us were not born with an RV in the driveway!
There are some truly great sites provided by Winnebago to get the new folks started and let the old folks renew what they forgot!
for your questions and likely tons of other things you may need, one of the great sites is an interactive parts catalog. Not only for ordering but just to find what and where things might be found!
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
It takes a bit to learn to "drive " the program but take it slow and there is a ton to learn!

Click these snips to get better view of what's available!
Click image for larger version

Name:	wet1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	188099
Zooom for more detail?

Name:	wet2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	188100
Where does LP go and how does it from the tank to the stove?

Name:	lp.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	188098

Good luck and let us know when you find new things! As a new RV owner, one of the bigger things is knowing about the batteries. Normally we might expect the onboard charger (converter?) to charge the coach batteries but NOT the chassis (start?) battery. Don't ignore that and let it go down while stored as that can kill a battery!
Look it over carefully before assuming how the charging and batteries work as it is a common slap in the face for new folks!
Somebody "may" have added something to take care of that but often not!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 11:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome!

I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian which is the sister unit to the Journey.

The water and sewer hook ups are on the driver's side just past the mid point in their own compartment. The LP is also on the driver's side second compartment back, so near the front.

Mine is a 34B so it is a bit shorter.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, winnebago