Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Journey 40U electrical issues

Any help would be appreciated. New Journey with electrical issues. I know it is under warranty, but if there is a simple fix, it's a lot easier than taking it to the dealership.

Passenger front slide does not work(the lock will engage and disengage). No error code or power seems to be at the switch. Also the water pump will not work. The panel indicates "on" but nothing when the rocker switch is pressed. In addition, you can not turn the pump off at the panel. Finally, the basement lights will not turn on.

It all worked prior to going in for service and some warranty work so I am wondering if this sounds like a loose connection somewhere or a fuse I can't find.

All of this is occurring while plugged in, so it is not a weak battery issue.

Any insight would be appreciated.
tryn2learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Anybody out there? I thought somebody might have had a similar issue.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Too many possibilities.
Basement lights, water pump, 1 slide. All DC, but all unrelated.
If you can solve one thought, you may find the solution for the rest (fuses. connectors..)
Probably a faulty ground.
Wiring Diagrams
look at the "Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation" for your year.
- You will need to zoom in to actually see the wires.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

elec

What did they do at service dept. Some more info might help.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I had a prob similar on my Itasca 42AD driver side slide. Seems the microswitch on the slide lock was not closing preventing power to slide out mechanism.
I exposed the slide lock...manually twidled the micro switch...everything back to normal for about 4 months now.
Sorry I cant tell you the exact problem, but I was about 5 beers in before I fixed it.
Five2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Oh yes, similar issue. In our rig, after a few trips, we were at dealer, staying overnight for service the next day. They parked it for us, in the lot, hooked up power. We got in for the night, largest of our three slides would not extend. Tried it several times, about an hour later, it extended. The dealer tested it many times the next day, worked fine each time.
Two months later, had just returned to the home rv park, from dealer, getting some minor warranty work done, same slide would not extend. Tried it off and on for three days, it finally extended. A few days later, just to try, the slide would not retract! Ok, we weren't going anywhere for a month or so, so tried every week, no change. Had to retract it manually later (wasn't that hard at all, by the way) to drive the rig to the dealer.
The problem turned out to be one of those 4 wire, plastic connectors, where one of the wire ends, hadn't seated properly in the connector. Compounding the problem, the connector, was on a short wire bundle, under the refrigerator. Took a while to find it, and then a tech with a long narrow arm to reach in to be able to fix it.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Probably not your problem, but dealers usually switch off the 12 volt battery, but don't turn it back on.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the suggestions, but it is at the dealer to see what they come up with. It is not the battery switch. It is on and the other 3 slides work. I'm anxious to see what it is since they are all DC but unrelated. It might be a ground.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Be sure and let us know what it was.
Thanks

Tags
electrical, journey