Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Minnie Winnie 22R Owner

Hi all, We just bought our 2020 Minnie Winnie 22R and are preparing it for our Shakedown weekend 😀
Any helpful notes, comments, advice will be most appreciated! We bought this model because we are retired and want to travel to see our 5 children and 13 grands in 5 different states. We wanted a portable Bed and Bath😍. Would probably have gone with the slide-out model for the bed but it was not available. We also plan to see more of the country in our Minnie ❤️ We don’t plan to pull a vehicle so we’ll have to have everything we need before stopping for the night.
Here are some questions we already have:
1. The sewer hose we bought will not fit in the bumper storage due to the mounting plates inside the bumper😢. You would think the RV store would let you know that.
2. We’d like to know what other owners of a 23 ft rig like for leveling blocks. We’re going with beveled boards for our maiden voyage but would hope for something more light weight.
3. Has anyone added an auxiliary lp gas tank?
4. Any owners who don’t pull a car: Do you have any suggestions for road trips?
Looking forward to all your thoughts and experiences!
Claudia and Mike (in Tennessee)
ClaudiaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Claudia and Mike,

1.) I use a twin-ten foot sewer hose with clear elbow and a hose support. I put the sewer hoses in a Rubbermaid Storage Bin with a snap-on lid. Much easier and faster to access the hose that way.
Camco 20' (39742) RhinoFLEX 20-Foot RV Sewer Hose Kit
Camco 20ft Sidewinder RV Sewer Hose Support

2.) The Plastic Leveling Blocks are just fine, with a T-level to toss on the kitchen counter to double-check your work.
Tri-Lynx 00015 Lynx Levelers - 10 Pack
Camco T Level

3.) The Propane Tank on the 22R is huge; just check the gauge on the tank itself so that you are not re-filling it too often. You absolutely do not need a spare tank.

4.) The 22R will fit in many standard parking spaces, if you can back into them, and leave the tail-end out over a lawn or empty space. I can carry my Dualsport Bike with me, if need be.

Thanks, Eagle5
Old 05-03-2020, 03:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the I do! I’ll pass to my husband!
ClaudiaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
2018 Minnie Winnie 22M

I agree with everything Eagle5 suggested! He’s our resident expert in 22Ms and he has great ideas. I have my sewer hose in a plastic tote and swear by the Lynx levelers. We love our 22M and I’m sure you will love your 22R!

Lee
mcfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote