Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2023, 11:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Micro Minnie 2100BH with Issues

Hello,
Im am new to the RV life and recently purchased a 2100BH after a lot a research and comparing models we made the decision to purchase. We were super excited to take ownership at the dealership. However since taking ownership we have already needed to replace the AC 15k BTU unit. Also have had issues with our water heater and none of our tank sensors have been working. Thankfully this is all under warranty and is in the process of getting fixed. Has anyone else had similar problems with Micro Minnie Winnebago models?
Lots2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 08:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots2C View Post
Hello,
Im am new to the RV life and recently purchased a 2100BH after a lot a research and comparing models we made the decision to purchase. We were super excited to take ownership at the dealership. However since taking ownership we have already needed to replace the AC 15k BTU unit. Also have had issues with our water heater and none of our tank sensors have been working. Thankfully this is all under warranty and is in the process of getting fixed. Has anyone else had similar problems with Micro Minnie Winnebago models?
Likely your major fails are both component failures. It’s not uncommon for components to fail even after they have been test to function properly at the dealership. The problem is shared across the entire RV industry across all brands of RV, it’s frustrating, but to be anticipated on 29% or more RVs sold. Hope your warranty service goes well. Enjoy your 2100BH. it’s a fab camper.
Old 07-22-2023, 09:21 AM   #3
Site Team

Hi Lots2C and welcome!

Your Micro Minnie is made up of lots of separate pieces. Many of them are supplied by some 3rd party company. Any one of these pieces can fail at any time - on day 100 or 3 years down the road.

As Jim says above, it just is a fact of life. Not just for your Micro Minnie or just Winnebago but with any RV made by any manufacturer. The truth is almost all of the separate components on our RVs are all made by the same companies.

Buying new, rather than used, you get to spend the first year finding and fixing issues like you're doing now. For this reason some say it's better to buy used because these issues are all fixed by the previous owner. But I don't think that's true.

Buying used you get an RV that may have had all it's initial problems corrected, but maybe they've been corrected badly. You also get all the deferred maintenance that should have been done but wasn't. You also get the "modifications" and "hacks" of the previous owner too. No thanks. I want to be the owner that gets to make lousy mods that don't work well - not some other guy.

I know when I bought my new motorhome - it's much more complex than your travel trailer - I had a number of problems my first year. But they've really trailed off in the subsequent 5 years that have passed since.

Oh, even once you slay all these first year issues new problems will show up to greet you at regular intervals. Like owning a boat, or airplane there is always something to fix.
Old 07-22-2023, 09:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Creativepart for warning any potential buyer of my rig that all my extensive and proven upgrades and modifications are hacks. Don’t ya think it depends on who did the mods and how well they work? You could be right if the mods were done by somebody Who didn’t know what he was doing. But that can be determined by a certified RV inspector, a person that should be hired anytime you’re ready to buy a used rv. ��
Old 07-22-2023, 10:08 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Don’t ya think it depends on who did the mods and how well they work? Y ��
Of course I do Jim. That's a given. BUT...
1. A great many used RVs are sold via Dealers and the previous owner is a mystery person. Who knows their skill and intellect?

2. Even when buying from an individual there is no way to really discern, up front, how capable the person is or how well the work was done.

3. What one RV owner thinks is good, fine, adequate, right and perfect may be what you or I think is a lousy hack that should never have been attempted.

And as for RV inspections, that's another unknown variable thrown into the mix and that is, IF, one is actually done or not.

Not everyone is you Jim, not everyone is making perfect modifications to their RV that a future owner is lucky to inherit.
Old 07-22-2023, 01:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Now I can sleep well at night. But I would still advise any owner buying used to pay for a certified inspection whether buying from a dealer or from an individual. Most buyers do not know what to look for and how to avoid a bad deal. Although I’ve got some knowledge and a lot of years of ownership, I would still hire a reputable inspector if I were looking to buy.
Old 07-22-2023, 02:11 PM   #7
Site Team

Here's some other "pre-owned" considerations that would never be found or revealed by a certified inspection...

My Adventurer and others in the same range for 3 or more years came with a complex TV setup. In use, it's simple but it's fussy. Worse yet, the system is prone to failures in multiple parts.

For years, I made sure to keep the system running in OEM fashion. But after multiple failures and replacements it was vastly cheaper and easier to abandon that system and go another simpler direct route. I left all the original equipment in place and simply bypassed it.

Now, if I sold the RV to someone I'd walk them through the changes. But if the RV in ended up at a dealership how will that info make it to the new owner?

I've also installed LFP batteries, and made dozens of electrical system changes necessary to accommodate that install.

All of these things may be noted by an inspection but how will they know what's what and whats OEM or not and how will they inform the new buyer how everything works?

I would gladly work with any new owner to get them up to speed... if I haven't dropped dead and that's why the motorhome is for sale. My wife sure couldn't explain these changes to them.

So, I'm sure all your "mods" are of high value and an asset to whomever owns your TT after you. But for me, I always will buy NEW RVs rather than deal with someone else's modifications. Certified inspection or not.
Old 07-22-2023, 04:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

All good points Creativepart. Now back to the OPs thread.
Wondering whether he got the info he needed.
Old 08-02-2023, 08:00 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2023 Micro Minnie 2100BH, but we haven’t had any of the same issues you described, but we did have a warranty issue with the faucet and hot water fitting. Unfortunately as @Marine359 said, its not uncommon for new RV’s to have issues. I used to build homes and we had faulty appliances here and there, but lower percentages than RV’s. The best thing (in my opinion) is to use your trailer as much as you can in the warranty period to expose any issues and try to get it replaced under warranty.

Oh, and congrats on your new trailer! We love ours, and the more we use it the more we love it. Hoping they are able to fix it soon so you can get out there and enjoy it!
Atreides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:21 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Yes. I have. The entire area under the sink is falling apart
Split wood, screws going into nothing or not even screwed in. Jammed tank cables, cd player does not work, toilet loose, just to name a few.
vicnrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:51 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnrosie View Post
Yes. I have. The entire area under the sink is falling apart
Split wood, screws going into nothing or not even screwed in. Jammed tank cables, cd player does not work, toilet loose, just to name a few.
Count your blessings. You got one of the better builds.
Marine359 is offline   Reply With Quote