Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-13-2022, 09:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New 2022 Micro Minnie 2108TB Owner

Brought our new Micro Minnie 2108TB home three weeks ago. My wife, dog, and I just sold our Lance 22ft trailer after owning it 7 yrs. We usually use the trailer for a couple of months each summer traveling north from here in Sedona.
We had water leaks, water heater issues, and slider issues with our Lance along with with many cosmetic issues. We were hoping our new Winnebago might be a little better.
While parked out front with the water system pressurized we have found three small leaks under the sink. So far just re-tightening the hand-tight fittings has stopped the leaks. The propane hose under the tongue was pinched with the p-clamp and is now flowing better and not leaking. I bought a new propane hose since our dealer and Winnebago are unwilling to do anything unless we drive two hours back to the dealer to show them. I sent pics to them showing the pinch and cut in the hose. I didn’t expect them to help as Lance was never timely in helping us with numerous problems.
It sure seems that once you drive away with your trailer you are on your own. Oh well.
Thindirtline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 09:18 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thindirtline View Post
It sure seems that once you drive away with your trailer you are on your own. Oh well.
Hello and welcome!

Not totally on your own because you do have a warranty, but the horrid performance of the dealership system sure makes your statement a reality.

Sad to say it, but Winnebago treats "towables" owners as 2nd class citizens. Motorhomes have full printed and online manuals as well as online access to all kinds of diagrams and even interactive 3D parts lists. We even can bring our motorhomes back to the factory for free service under warranty OR paid service even 10-yrs after purchase.

I'm sure that this is a result of Winnebago being a motorhome company first and foremost and then they bought Sunny Brooke, etc to enter the towables market. The two parts of the company are in separate states and have separate staff members, so they've never approached equalizing to the two divisions for us owners.

I quit thinking of the warranty as something I expected to take care of issues. Well, unless it was a major expense. It was and is much easier and much more successful to take care of problems on your own.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to Micro Minnie world Thindirtline.
You’ll find the forum to have robust participation by MM owners, sorry about your minor misfortunes with your new 2108. Feel comfort in knowing that we all have minor issues that require DIY fixing after taking delivery. Although there are exceptions, I think most MM owners have experienced fewer problems than the rvs they owned in the past. Looking forward to reading your posts. If you feel up to it, it’s helpful to other forum members if you add some info about your rig on your signature page. Keep the clean side up.