Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up Life-long camper, now living in Tennessee

I have camped from sleeping under a canoe, to a 34' Wilderness Advantage. I started downsizing a couple years ago. I have owned 3 motorcycle pop-up campers over the years, and currently am riding a Goldwing with side (training) wheels I added after it got too heavy for a 71 year old. My cycle pop up has a queen bed in it and an extra room, however I may sell it now.
From the 5th wheel I went to a 11' pickup camper with a slide out and generator. I really liked it until I totaled it and my Ram 3500. I retired from camping and bought a Honda Ridgeling RTL-E this past spring (with a towing package "just in case"). Two months later I bought a slightly used Micro Minnie Winnie 1706FB which the 5k lb. Ridgeline towing capacity could handle and installed a brake controller. It is tight, and lacking storage compared to bigger ones, however pulling it is a dream. I downsized due to city traffic and the difficulty changing lanes with a longer 5th wheel. I found this forum while looking for the answer to a question. I am pretty sure that the Minnie has a 12 vote socket, and maybe a USB port, but so far I haven't found them.
vonheise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Vonheise, welcome to the forum. I think you will find it a great resource. Happy travels!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote