Old 07-31-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello! New 2019 Forza 38W Owner

Not new to camping, but new to the Winnebago world. Have been camping since youth, moving from tents, to pop-ups, to travel trailers, fifth wheels, and toy haulers. Finally decided we'd take the plunge on a motor home to prepare for retirement.

We're empty nester's now, but we have our "Camping Cat" Callie which is always good for a laugh on our adventures....

As far as the Forza, all I have added to it is a steering stabilizer, which has greatly increased it's handling. Something I think should be standard.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on you new Winnebago and welcome to the forum!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by setaylor216 View Post
Not new to camping, but new to the Winnebago world. Have been camping since youth, moving from tents, to pop-ups, to travel trailers, fifth wheels, and toy haulers. Finally decided we'd take the plunge on a motor home to prepare for retirement.

We're empty nester's now, but we have our "Camping Cat" Callie which is always good for a laugh on our adventures....

As far as the Forza, all I have added to it is a steering stabilizer, which has greatly increased it's handling. Something I think should be standard.
Hi Like you I've made the transition over the years from tents all the way to Class A's. I've retired recently and we just upgraded our 2018 Georgetown 31L5 Class A to a 2018 Winnebago Forza 38W as well. We actually are picking it up this coming Thursday. Can you tell me the steering stabilizer you put on it. Did you do the work yourself or have it installed? Also do you have Maxxair vent covers or any other brand over you vents in the MH?
1237dmctlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1237dmctlc View Post
Hi Like you I've made the transition over the years from tents all the way to Class A's. I've retired recently and we just upgraded our 2018 Georgetown 31L5 Class A to a 2018 Winnebago Forza 38W as well. We actually are picking it up this coming Thursday. Can you tell me the steering stabilizer you put on it. Did you do the work yourself or have it installed? Also do you have Maxxair vent covers or any other brand over you vents in the MH?
There are two big name steering stabilizers I am aware of. The Roadmaster Reflex Safety Steer, and the Safe-T-Plus. One has an external spring, and the other is a sealed unit.

Installation is similar for both and could be done yourself. I was able to install mine without lifting the front end, but it is easier if you create yourself some space to work. Get a good torque wrench with a long bar and the correct sockets before you start. There are numerous installation videos on YouTube for either.
theSane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I installed the Roadmaster myself. Run up on boards and plenty of room. Also installed the Maxxair covers.