Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2020, 05:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello From UK

Just wanted to say Hello from the UK, this is our first Winnebago, we had a Damon Ultrasport for four years, then we went to an European unit, but the pull pulled us back to our Winnebago Aspect. We purchased it just two days before the UK went into lock down in March, we have named her Sylvie.

Been out for our maiden trip as campsites did not open until July
Love love loved it, cannot wait to get back out.

Looking forward to all the tips etc.

Sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sylvie 01.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	174268  
Minieddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome. I don't remember seeing many members from outside the US/Canada. Hopefully you won't have any issues with shore power, because I'm not at all familiar with your electrical over there, beyond knowing it's different than ours. Out of curiosity, what is your connection--ours on a unit that size would likely be 30 amps at 120 volts, or possibly 50 amps at 240 volts (which for RVs is really more like two 50 amp 120 volt circuits).
Old 07-20-2020, 07:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome aboard Sam and I for one am looking forward to your adventures from a distant land. Please share. We are a curious bunch!
Old 07-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Welcome. I don't remember seeing many members from outside the US/Canada. Hopefully you won't have any issues with shore power, because I'm not at all familiar with your electrical over there, beyond knowing it's different than ours. Out of curiosity, what is your connection--ours on a unit that size would likely be 30 amps at 120 volts, or possibly 50 amps at 240 volts (which for RVs is really more like two 50 amp 120 volt circuits).
Hello Goodspike

I had to ask hubby to get me the info for you

Our RV was imported into the UK with the 110v working, then was converted to have the UK 230v power, the 110v is still there.

The UK Power is like the US’s 2 Phase 220v 110v on each phase
We have live 230v on one phase with Neutral phase 2 and ground for any fault current.

When we purchased her she had been upgraded with solar panels and inverter control battery charger. (Vetus Combi-Gamma 3000w Inverter).
She also has 6 large 120amp Batteries.
This allows us to have UK 230V power all the time, even without being plugged in to shore power.

The power into the RV will depend on what amps the campsites supply, some of the only supply 6 amps and others will give you 16 amps.
With the system our shore power goes into the UPS and supplies all the sockets in the RV.
If we arrive and find that the site has a small shore supply say 6 amps the inverter makes up the short fall.
We can run up to a maximum 60amps, this is far more that we will ever need.

Hope this make sense

Sam
Minieddie is offline   Reply With Quote