Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello from SE North Carolina

Hello! The first time my family and I went RV'ing was on August 9th of this year! Yes 11 days ago. It was for my now 8-year old's birthday. We rented a Coachman Apex Nano 185BH. It was just about perfect. My wife got the big bed, my son and I got the bunks, and our 15Month old got the pack-and-play that sat on the converted dinette.

We went from the flat coastal area to Stone Mountain State Park NC. It was my first time towing a TT and fresh new brake controller didn't work at the time due to a factory harness wiring issue. (Now Resolved) Since the trailer was under 3100 lbs we were able to give it a go without it.

Long story short, we loved it! We were hooked! We had found the perfect way to take vacations for our family.

After our trip, we knew that the Apex Nano 185BH was close to what we wanted, but not quite it. We wanted a sink in the bathroom and just a hair more room in the kitchen area (we were thinking Pop-Out). We thought that a stepping up to the Apex Nano 193BH would be the way to go. The dealership didn't have one in stock and did a great job :-) talking us out of the 193 and steering us to a dual axle model. Specifically the Apex Nano 208BHS. We were very impressed with all the Nanos and did like the 208BHS.

Before we made the plunge, we decided to look at other options to make sure we were getting the one most suited to us. We did a lot of research on lightweight bunkhouse models. Another local dealership carried Winnebagos. We first looked at the 2100BH. It's a great TT and had so many refinements. The only thing it was missing was the sink in the bathroom. Then we stepped foot on the 2306BH. It had a sink in the bathroom, roomier and more functional kitchen (we like to cook), and a murphy bed we didn't know we would even care about. Seemed perfect. We talked about it for a few days.

Well, today, we decided to go for it. We have put down a deposit and hopefully will be picking it up Wednesday.
Anthropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello and welcome. Congrats on finding the perfect RV for your family. I hope you have done your homework as far as towing capability of your tow vehicle; safety is foremost! Be sure to post a picture of the new rig.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote