Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello from Cocoa Florida

Greetings,
My name is Gary and I am new to the group. Due to the rising rent prices in Florida I purchased a 2018 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1706FB. I still have my apartment for 8 months just to make sure that I’m committed to the full-time life. So far, I love it and my boss lets me park it at work which saves me more money. Plus, he has someone watching the shop at night.
The only things I’ve done to my rig is to cut reflectix to fit all the windows and getting accustom to the Dometic B57915 AC unit. She’s pretty loud but, it’ll take time to get used to. I hope to upgrade to a quieter unit next year when I’m not paying $1,200 a month rent lol. Last week I bought the insulated foam inserts for the vents and sky light. Wow, what a difference they make. In the bathroom skylight I had a lot of sunlight leaking through the sides of the plastic trim piece. I resolved this by drilling a small hole in the trim everywhere I saw daylight and filled the space with spray foam. Took about six entry points. Problem resolved. Underneath my bed mattress I completely lined this area with reflectix to slow down any heat/cold coming up from the underneath storage area.
That’s about it. Safe travels.
smitty50 is offline   Reply With Quote