Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-21-2024, 09:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

First time owners - 2000 Adventurer

Hello!
We are Bill & Ashley from Newport, Tn. on our first Class A endeavor!

Could use any help on where to find parts like the ABS sensor, even if there is an aftermarket that can be used to get rid of the light on the dash!

I would also like to upgrade the rear view camera to color.

Thanks,

Bill
BillSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

First step for new users is to get an idea of how different RV are from cars!
There will be info needed for the RV/ coach things that are only on RV.

Then there are the things which we often call chassis parts. Those are things that you get on a stripped down chassis from Ford, Chevy, etc.
If you would expect to find it on a truck, look to the truck builders for info!

So for ABS info, Winnebago will not have much as they just buy the chassis and build on top!
Like your new hose? If you really want good info for the stove or frig, don't ask the house builder but go to the folks who built the stove or frig!

One point for new owners is that the top and the chassis may have different years, so a 2000 Rv may have been built on a 1999 chassis. To help sort the place to start, look near the drivers seat for a label with tons of info.
Owners manual will spell out how to find the needed info n the label and if manual not on hand, try this:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...r-manuals/2000

Info on opening dog house on page 9-5!! For your other post?
Info on label on 0-4!

Hint always good to mention for new owners? Watch to keep both battery groups charged as they tend to go down and dead on new owners if not really watching.
Step one is the battery disconnects DO NOT disconnect all drains on most RV!
It can cost you a new battery or two! Ouch!

Good luck on the new trek!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

On reading closer? The ABS light is often a problem with the two reserves of fluid. There are two sections on the brake fluid under the hood. To make it safer, there is a front set of lines for one side of the tank and a second set of lines to the back brakes.
If front brakes start leaking there is a sensor in between the two tanks that moves off center to light the dash.

Look at wheels for fluid splashing out on the inside of tires. that is often an easy way to spot a leak at wheels. But if it is just low fluid in the brake master, it may just need fluid and then some way to rest center the sensor. That last part is not in the memory!!
It's a truck/car thing that I've forgotten!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 02:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Regarding the rear view camera, the existing unit, assuming it hasn't been upgraded, is an old B&W unit with a CRT display. Personally, I'd leave it in place if it's working and add a second, color back-up camera. One advantage of the existing unit is sound (at least my 2002 has sound). This is very helpful if you're backing into a camping spot and someone is giving you directions.One way to go is to get a GPS with a backup camera. I also have a Garmin RV780 with a wireless backup camera but I believe there are newer models.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent