Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have discussed the topic before about how long it takes to put diesel in our coaches especially the last 25 gallons. The main reason is the size of the fill tub and the number of 90 degree turns it makes before entering the tank. I kept looking at the gas fill tube routing of my 2005 Vectra and saw at least on the passenger side that Winnebago did not have to use two 90 degree turns in the fill tube that only causes the diesel to back up and foam more. I decided to take it apart and re-route the fill tube. It was not as complicated or time consuming as you might think. Between taking it apart and going to find parts and reinstalling, it was approx 4 hours. My passenger side fill tube now goes down to a less than 30 degree first turn and then at most a 45 degree before entering the tank. I am sure that will speed up the fill process, especially the last 25 gallons. I will post pictures that I will identify as diesel fill 1, 2 etc. The parts are only 20 inches of 2" rubber gas hose and approx 10 inches of 15mm rubber gas hose(used for the breather line). Whats really shocking is the fill tube is only supported by two screws near the gas cap where the fill tube comes thru the body and the rubber shield that Winnebago uses to keep dirt and water off the fill tube and breather line and the connection at the tank. Once the filler tuble was disconnected I cut it with a hack saw to shorten it and take out a turn in it, that takes it in the wrong direction if you are trying to stay away from having a 90 degree in the first place. After shorting the breather tube to approx 3 inches which is welded to the filler tube near the top, I cute a additional 4 inch piece out which is used to make a connection between the existing rubber breather tube the new rubber breather that attaches near the top of the fill tube now.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote