Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2023, 02:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide Out Weather Strip Question

Hey everyone I have a 2004 Brave 34D and I'm trying to find out what style/size weather stripping is required for the main and bedroom slides. It's the exterior seal that looks like an automotive door seal (D shaped I think). Mine is pretty old and needs replaced.

What have you guys used that works? Thanks in advance!!!

Also...how do I update my signature? Thanks!
Old 12-06-2023, 04:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I bought new weather strip for my Vista from Lichsinn in Forest City. What my Vista slide boxes use have two parts, a base with 3M tape on the back side that has a "T" slot and a flat wiper. A bulb that slides into the "T slot. Winnebago used the same type on all 4 sides of all my slides. The piece that went at the bottom of the slide box had water weep out slots cut into the base so that any water that got behind could get out. You use the old base you remove as a template to cut the same slits into the replacement before installation.

It was pretty easy to replace. It was time consuming to get the old base off, had to scrape off all the adhesive residue before the new base could be installed.

They sell it by the foot and they roll it up and ground ship it in a 24" x 24" x 3" box.

Lichsinn parts had me take a photo of the existing slide seal so they could be sure to send me the right stuff. They also looked up my specific year and model to confirm.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 05:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Randy,

Thank you! I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get some ordered.

T
Old 12-07-2023, 03:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I am a believer in ordering from Lichtsinn for most stuff. I have however found Steele Rubber to be very good in covering the sealing area.
https://www.steelerubber.com/

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 08:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
I am a believer in ordering from Lichtsinn for most stuff. I have however found Steele Rubber to be very good in covering the sealing area.
https://www.steelerubber.com/

Good Luck
FYI - I have the current Steele Rubber catalog and nothing they had in their catalog matched the weatherstrip Winnebago used on my 2015 Vista. I was able to find the weatherstrip call out on the online Winnebago parts catalog and so I just got it from Lichtsinn.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out