Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2022, 03:48 PM   #1
rbrtsx3

Plastic strip under carpet between slide out and main floor

Hi all
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38q
I can’t seem to find the thread about the broken Plastic strip under carpet at slide out edge where the carpet overlaps.
I just wanted to let others know how I fixed our problem.
First I had 3 long pieces of appliance strips to drag refrigerators washers dryers etc around. We pealed off the soft foam backing and cleaned it up.
Next we pulled up on the edge of the carpet cleaned and wiped everything off.
We left the black plastic broken strip intact as it was still attached to the carpet.
The strip that was still attached to the slide so we left it also.
We then used heavy duty double stick tape and put 1 strip on the edge that will stick to the slide and 2 pieces next to each other on top to stick to the piece still on the carpet and some hang over to stick to the carpet. Pushed down walked on and voilà new piece covering up the slide out gap when fully extended.
I had a hard time finding the 6” strip I needed but had the furniture strips handy.
I also had 1 of those black plastic leaf holders you put in a drum bag to make a leaf barrel but decided not to cut that up as the furniture slide was a bit thicker.
Now we have a double wall gap protector. It took 3 pieces as the area repairs was 14’ I hope this thread helps somebody else.
Click image for larger version

Name:	7AE1B6EB-41E3-41CD-B6C4-62C6ED17B1BF.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	183230

Click image for larger version

Name:	969E0D29-57BD-45F6-A908-F4F1AA2DCD49.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	183231
rbrtsx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrtsx3 View Post
Hi all
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38q
I can’t seem to find the thread about the broken Plastic strip under carpet at slide out edge where the carpet overlaps.
I just wanted to let others know how I fixed our problem.
First I had 3 long pieces of appliance strips to drag refrigerators washers dryers etc around. We pealed off the soft foam backing and cleaned it up.
Next we pulled up on the edge of the carpet cleaned and wiped everything off.
We left the black plastic broken strip intact as it was still attached to the carpet.
The strip that was still attached to the slide so we left it also.
We then used heavy duty double stick tape and put 1 strip on the edge that will stick to the slide and 2 pieces next to each other on top to stick to the piece still on the carpet and some hang over to stick to the carpet. Pushed down walked on and voilà new piece covering up the slide out gap when fully extended.
I had a hard time finding the 6” strip I needed but had the furniture strips handy.
I also had 1 of those black plastic leaf holders you put in a drum bag to make a leaf barrel but decided not to cut that up as the furniture slide was a bit thicker.
Now we have a double wall gap protector. It took 3 pieces as the area repairs was 14’ I hope this thread helps somebody else.
Attachment 183230

Attachment 183231
Where did you get the strips that you used to repair this?
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:27 AM   #3
rbrtsx3

You can purchase the slides online anywhere that sell furniture movers or appliance moving slides we happen to have some left over from years ago
You can also go to any hardware store and purchase the black plastic leaf barrel tubes that you put inside of a plastic bag when you rake leaves to put the leaves inside most hardware stores carry them and you can cut them up into 6 inch sections x the length it comes to make up your length
Amazon - EZ Moves 4' Professional Pull Furniture Slides for Carpet and Other Soft Surface Floors (Set of 2)
Hope this helps
Also Easy Bagger 30 to 39 Gal. Capacity Recycled Plastic Lawn & Yard Bag Holder
rbrtsx3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out