Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2023, 10:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Morich's Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Why no RV year, make and floorplan on MY signature as we suggest for others?
I currently DO NOT have one!
If you like, you may add my RV year, make and floorplan on YOUR signature as suggest for others?

All I ask is that you just keep me posted on the answers and when you wish to do Mods or Maintenance, you just schedule a trip to Dallas. I am willing to do whatever it takes to help
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 10:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

It's not an RV maintenance issue but a personal issue with a son who fell to covid back in Jan 2020 and is still not well. Likely he will never recover and that leaves us falling out of the Rv game for as far as he is able to live somewhat independantly. Our current mission is to get him and his wife moved into an area closer to family and friends, but that is one of those deeply personal choices which we can't tell a full grown adult pair what they should do!
The really difficult part of the situation is that there seems to be no real way to find WHAT is wrong and how to start to treat it? Lots of small beginnings on studies but those often last for years and then it takes even more years to filter into the accepted medical treatment.
At this point the treatment options have ranged from needing immediate open heart surgery but no hospital space for "elective surgery" to being told he should not be "seeking disability"!!
What he would really like is to be told what to do and where to go to get things fixed so he is able to walk to the mailbox!
Since covid is now "Past"(??) they now have a new name for those who have the results?

The latest news we see is this hint?
https://www.science.org/content/arti...tigue-syndrome
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 01:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Best wishes to you, your son and the rest of your family. I'm still fatigued after having Covid in May but am getting better, fingers crossed. It's a terrible disease.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

My regards to your son and extended family. That is a difficult situation. Seems like I was aware a long while back that he may have Covid or similar, but I have not been up to speed. While my response to your signature was intended to be in jest, I am glad it has raised awareness to people living with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 06:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Have to agree it is a terrible situation and has had a pretty bad effect on my life as well as my son and his wife.
If there was something progressive to DO! When they were suggesting open heart surgery it was a really bad feel but now may feel worse as it is such a difficult thing to cope with what seems to be mostly a lack of O2. If he can set with the O2 for 15-20 minutes, he can get past the muddled thinking effects like diver's and pilots can face, but the slow creeping lack of clear thinking can get really scary!

Due to somewhat muddled thinking, we are not completely sure we are getting the full facts at times and we are still picking up hints and signs of what was going on over time.
Really bad things could have happened when he was driving to doctor's and hospitals and the longer he drove, the less effective his thinking due to lack of O2 !
Part of the stress is due to the limited or totally wrong info he has been getting on the medical front.
One of the things which would seem obvious if I had a patient with low O2 readins would seem to have been an O2 system-- but it was finally suggested by a friend instead of a doctor. The doctor "was not sure it would help"!
At this point, we have bought a house nearer friends and family and they have movers scheduled! That's a big thing but it took some bold moves to get there!
With online shopping and much luck we were able to drive up, buy a house in a single weekend and close without any of the big snags that usually come with real estate!

We are getting the roads from here to Springfield, Mo. pretty well set in the GPS!
We feel we are moving in the right direction, but getting enough facts to form a plan has been a trek!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 07:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

My heart goes out to you Richard. I lost my oldest daughter to ALS 2 years ago. It was a 6 year battle.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote