Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-03-2024, 09:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Low air sensor switch on 2008 Ellipse 40TD

hi thanks cant find where its located its on a 2008 itasca ellipes 40 td frieghtliner maxum chassis 400 hp cummings i have air but when warning light goes off and buzzer i lose gauges no fuel rpm alternater all but air would realy be thankfui for all amd any help thanks again ps last year problems with generater it was repaired culprit was inverter it was sent out and rebuilt only option
scottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 09:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Brake air pressure measurement

I have a 2008 Itasca Ellipse, and am familiar with the brake air pressure sensors.

The sensors are on the dash gage, and air lines are run to the back of the gage.

Unfortunately, it is a bad design and the plastic housing cracks and a leak develops. They are very difficult to repair. They were redesigned several times, and the latest ones do not have the pressure sensors built into the dash gage. Even more unfortunately, Freightliner has sold all of the gages and they are no longer available except for a few that various dealers have squirreled away. The price has skyrocketed from $250 to $2500 (when you can find one).
This may not be your problem as I didn’t fully understand your description. If other gages have gone out as well, then your problem may lie elsewhere. I suggest you call Freightliner Customer Service. (800) 385-4357
Steve Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch