Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2024, 10:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fireplace Not Working in Low 30's 2017 VistaLX 35F

2017 winnebago vista lx f35 our electric fireplace at low 30s we turn it on, it lights up, all functions lite up , you feel heat for a few seconds but no fan at all then heat stops , now let inside of rv get to 45 to 50 degrees and everything works as normal.
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 02:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Most of the fireplaces have a device that detects anything in front of the unit. Usually, either something is too close to the screen or there is dust on the detector. Lift the screen off and carefully remove anything on it.

I hope this helps!
Old 02-15-2024, 10:13 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Does it have a thermostat that you can set to 60+? If so, might be failing and not reading correctly when cold.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

When looking for info, it will go quicker if you look for fireplace info more than RV info. there are likely to be lots of different fireplaces in different RV, so looking for the manual is a place to start.
The big pack of info for the RV would be my first look.

First thought would be that there is an overheat thermostat built in which gets too hot when fan doesn't run. Safety would not want the fire burning when no air was moving, so figuring what is keeping the fan from running might be next step after finding the right manual.

Somewhat like the RV furnace operates when it has no air flow to the sail switch?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I touch the face of fireplace on right side, it has on/off, temp button so you can tap it from 65 to 80 tap at a time, no fan speed control, it has timmer button, it will cycle when it reaches desired temp. I did call winnebago they had nothing to add. I'm thinking fan won't come on when it's in the 30s so heat shuts off due to that fact, then when coach warms to 40s fireplace works fine. Oh, and they don't make that fireplace any more, hum?
Old 02-15-2024, 12:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Do you have the manual that tells it will not operate if the temp is in the 30's?
That doesn't seem to be a very practical design for a heating unit, does it?

Does the manual have any hints on troubleshooting or wiring?
I would not expect Winnebago to have much info on the heater they buy from other builders as that is not the norm in RV items.
Much like when we buy a house that has a furnace, if it fails we have to look to the furnace builder for info.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 03:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

You misunderstood , I'm saying that the fireplace I have has an n issue of not putting n out heat or fan until the inside on rv gets to 40 or higher. I'm convinced it's faulty, I did contact Winnebago service they looked into it for me, they had nothing to add, as I said earlier the company that makes that fireplace no longer makes it. It's been replaced. It not a big deal as we have lp heat and heatpump.

Tags
replace, ace