Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-18-2005, 06:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I am a new member and am wondering if anyone from Winnebago participates in this forum? While it isn't neccesary, it certainly would increase the value to us if our issues and problems were being monitored by Winnebago. It seems like it should be a valuable source for them to hear what their customers are concerned about and what they are pleased about as well.

If this has been answered before, please bear with me. I usually do a search but didn't this time.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I am a new member and am wondering if anyone from Winnebago participates in this forum? While it isn't neccesary, it certainly would increase the value to us if our issues and problems were being monitored by Winnebago. It seems like it should be a valuable source for them to hear what their customers are concerned about and what they are pleased about as well.

If this has been answered before, please bear with me. I usually do a search but didn't this time.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes this site is monitored by Winnebago Ind, however they do not participate.
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Who exactly monitors the site? I've asked many reps at the Winnie 800 support number, & they say they've never heard of this forum. Perhaps that's not in their job description, but I'm curious who at Winnie is digesting this stuff.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Most likely No one,Because no one EVER POSTS ANYTHING from Winne,Corp

https://irv2.com/photopost/data/2/1029VAC_2004_4_139-thumb.jpg
Tcloud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I know it's monitored from personal experience.
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry ,I may be wrong but I have NEVER seen ANY indication on this forum of this. It would do us all good if we had some Proof of this.
I don't want to start ANY thing this is just what I have seen.

Anyone Know what happen to Tomcat???????????
Thanks

https://irv2.com/photopost/data/2/1029VAC_2004_4_139-thumb.jpg
Tcloud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:49 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

From my past experience talking with some "problem solvers" at WI, I can say that Neil from Service and Bryan from Owner Relations do read this forum. As I understood it, "it's part of their job". But don't expect their responses on this Forum. WI has other resources, like the Owner Relations line, that are set up to handle issues on a personal basis. Hopefully someday WI will let them be more active participants than just lurkers.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:55 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Tomcat has/had some issues with Winnebago and rather than worsen the situation he has just decided not to post. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I'm just guessing here but, as with other corporations, lurking is fine but, participating in discussions outside of the company (and having it in print on the internet) may not be policy and can lead to getting you fired. You'd have to clear it with the big wigs and only go with the company's views.
I'm sure that the lurkers are doing it with thier typing fingers tied behind thier backs.
As I said, just guessing.
AKBrick
Old 09-20-2005, 05:37 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

I personally know they probably read this forum occasionally anyway. I received an e-mail from one of the techs at WIT on a problem I described on the forum. He offered a solution, which I took and am quite happy with it.
I always sort of thought he may not have read my post himself, but was informed by well intentioned WIT club member, it doesn't matter, my problem was taken care of, no cost to me, post warranty.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:16 AM   #12
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chugman:
I am a new member and am wondering if anyone from Winnebago participates in this forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We have addressed this question in the past so we'll re-visit it now somewhat briefly.

Winnebago, Workhorse, Onan/Cummins and others (could be et-al) do frequently monitor what is written here however they do not have the resources or manpower to respond in kind in a public forum to most concerns written here. At any time you could see twice as many visitors logged in as members. Any of those "Guests" could be our OEM readers.

On one occasion there was a thread developing about a power management feature from Onan/Cummins and the install procedure appeared to be hazardous. The engineers quickly dropped me a line and provided me with the proper procedure to install the gear which in turn I posted as being forwarded from the vendor.

There are people that read everything that's posted here in their forum of interest so if you have the need or if the mood strikes you just go ahead and post your issue and although it may not be responded to by an OEM it may still be read and in the large scheme of things may make a difference in the long run.

Regardless I'm sure you will generate some interest from the member participants here so even the replies that are generated between the forum participants make good reading for those folks that read but don't or can't respond.

Thanks for the question and thanks for choosing iRV2. Please come back and visit and post often.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:49 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I found out at the 2005 GNR, that the Winnebago QC department reads this stuff.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:15 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the responses. I am pleased to know that our input on this forum is being heard by the manufacturer and that it has to make some difference. It just makes good common sense that it would be that way, but you never know. I have been very impressed by Winnebago so far and this just furthers that good impression.