Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2007, 05:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

In monitoring this forum and others I note the common theme of poor dealer support. This is certainly not the case with Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City. I've had my coach back to them twice in the last year on small warranty issues and have been impressed with their timeliness and good work. Yesterday I dropped my coach off at 9 AM and received a cell call at 11:15 AM that all items were taken care of and I was on my way.

Nexus Ghost
richf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

In monitoring this forum and others I note the common theme of poor dealer support. This is certainly not the case with Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City. I've had my coach back to them twice in the last year on small warranty issues and have been impressed with their timeliness and good work. Yesterday I dropped my coach off at 9 AM and received a cell call at 11:15 AM that all items were taken care of and I was on my way.

Nexus Ghost
richf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

It's always good to hear about the responsible and reliable dealers. I hope we have more of them than the bad guys, but it is kinda hard to know for sure.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

richf;
I have heard all positive comments about their dealership. I have visited their dealership on a couple of occaisons while visiting the factory at Forest City and have had positive experience both times.

I have also ordered Winni parts from them. Lonnie Fox & David Straw head up their parts dept. Fast, friendly, & knowledgeable parts service.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #5

I also have inquired and ordered parts from Lonnie and David at Lichtsinn and they have responded and shipped in a VERY timely manner.

I will definately look into using them as our "new" dealer when we decide to move up to a DP.....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Me too. GREAT dealership.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I'm not surprised based upon the professionalism of the parts folks that I have used several times. If sales and service are similar they must be fantastic.

Nick, Journey '01
Old 09-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Can you please package them up carefully and ship them to California--I've yet to find a dealer worth spit here.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I have ordered from them before and they are always helpful. On last order, Lonnie told me where to go and what page to go to so we could both be looking at what I was after to make sure it was correct. Can't beat that for service.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Gee, I hate to burst the great feedback about Lictsinn Motors in Forest City. During the WIT rally, I stoped in twice to have my 12 volt wireing check, because of a problem, and have the battery tested. Both times I was told to wait atleast 2 weeks. Seems they were more interested in selling new coaches, and its related shake downs. Left my cell phone number with them, was told if they had a cancelation, I would be called in. Went to them based on the recomendation of friends. Finally booked us in at the customer service for Mother Winny to check. Reps at customer service listened to my problem and suggested I go to the local RV repair facility located very near to the Rally grounds. Stoped in at his service area, explained my problem, he stoped what he was doing, and went about doing voltage checks, on the Horizon, and toad. Found my 1 year old battery was dead. This was all happening on our 06 Saturn toad. Had Interstate battery folks deliver the correct battery, installed it, all in 3 hours. Next time when in Forest City and Wit Rally, if your having a RV related problem, I would recommend this service shop. Lichtsinn motors is not on my list of dealers.Iam still waiting for the cell phone to ring from lichtsinn motors.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I can only speak for the parts department. I have dealt with Lonnie on several orders. Lonnie, has provide me with outstanding service. My orders have always been shipped out the next day.

Itasca Suncruiser 33V
Lar703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I too have ordered parts a couple of times, no sales or service dept experience. On each occasion they quickly provided the needed information and had the parts in my hand in just a couple of days. I also found they had much better prices than my local Winnebago dealer. Great service from the parts dept.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote