Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

CDI

We are going to paint the outside of our motorhome and was wondering if anyone has used CDI in Forest City. I know they do Winnies paint jobs but this would be a older motorhome. Any info would be welcome.
Thanks
Jeri
rjhorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

A trusted source at Winnebago told me that CDI was doing aftermarket paint jobs. I am having my rig painted now in NC but did consider CDI in Iowa and Precision RV in Indiana.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I do recall a guy on one of the forums I monitor a few years ago who had some repainting done by CDI ...they did a good job on what they painted but made a real mess of his roof because they didn't cover it w/paper as they should have so he got colored overspray, footprints, etc, etc, etc that did not wash off.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

CDI

I had my 02 Journey full body (including slides) painted at CDI in September, 2008. They were very low on work and did a beautiful job which I still get complements on. It took 5 days and I had complete run of the factory. Everyone was cooperative and friendly.

Now that Winnebago is ramping up production I don't know if they would be as receptive of doing a private coach.

I would recommend them as I am very pleased with the quality of the job.

It is worth a call to: Dave Nagle, General Mgr.@ 641-585 5901

Charlie Tuit
02 Journey 132,000 miles
XL-7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Painting the Journey!

We drove to Forest City to check out the CDI painting facility and were very impressed so much so that we made an appt, took our coach up last week, picked out our paint colors and schemes and then since the coach was going to look like a new one we decided to replace all of our awnings. Everybody from the front office to the employees in the painting area were very nice and accomodating and working with dedication. With the holiday yesterday it is making the time seem longer but we are just like expectant parents so excited to see the coach and get it back home again. Jill in the office has been so nice and emailed us photos of the progress and when it is all done I will post them. But just like one of the other posters wrote "It is cheaper to paint the coach than buy new".
Old 06-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We Painted our Coach!

Just returned from picking up our 2002 Journey at CDI in Forest City. We wanted it to be lighter colors so we ended up with a painting scheme and colors for the 2010/2011 Journey and are so pleased with the job. Also had the slides sides painted, extra coat of gel coat, did the invisible shield on the front and put all new awnings. The people at CDI were very accomodating, did everything we wanted done and would recommend them to anyone who is interested in painting their coach. We also took out the dinette and had a cabinet maker put in a computer desk/table and chairs and took the recliner out and replaced with a Ekorness chair and footstool. Now we got to get it packed to use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0681.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	4308   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0683.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	4309  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0684.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	4310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	4311  

Old 06-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Very nice. We are also pleased with the way our's turned out.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Wow!!! Seeing these 2002 Journey's painted (RJHorton and SMLRanger) I'm amazed how good they look.

We really liked our 2002 Journey and after seeing these paint jobs I would have had ours painted as well.

Great Job!!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank You!

We are so pleased with our decision to remodel instead of purchasing a different motorhome. We are now in Madison WI and with Winnebago's great records of each motorhome they build I was able to find the company who installed our countertops and we are having a back splash installed. It is called Vendura. We went to the factory with our info from Winnebago and they still can make the same color. We opted to have a design in it with a little darker brown inserts I will post a photo after they are finished on Friday. Now we have new tires, new paint job, new table and chairs and a new recliner the only item left is the carpet. I have had it covered with throw rugs so it isn't dirty just old.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Agree on the remodel vs. replace. We've replaced all the pleated day/night shades with MCD's, added a leather euro recliner, added the vendura backsplashes in kitchen and bath, added wainscotting, and upgraded the TV's. We want to replace the captain's chairs and get rid of the carpet....leaning toward using Allure floating vinyl flooring or maybe Pergo laminate.