Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-08-2022, 09:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cable TV hookups

When we are hooking up the rv to the water, elect, sewer and cable TV jack, is there an easy way to screw the cable TV connection in? I always have a hard time connecting. It normally takes me more time to hook up the cable than the water, elect and sewer.
I'm a bit older now, and my hands don't work as they once did. But this shouldn't be this difficult!
Old 05-08-2022, 10:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Yes, the threads get a bit hard to manage, so this is my solution:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SF-Cable-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Warning? It may be helpful to put some type of item to keeppressure off the quick connect so that it doesn't come off TOO easy! I make a loop of coax through a velcro strap and tie the strap to a part in the compartment, just so walking around the RV doesn't pull the connection off.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 01:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by 202235f View Post
When we are hooking up the rv to the water, elect, sewer and cable TV jack, is there an easy way to screw the cable TV connection in? I always have a hard time connecting. It normally takes me more time to hook up the cable than the water, elect and sewer.
I'm a bit older now, and my hands don't work as they once did. But this shouldn't be this difficult!
sure. stop by Home Depot, Menards or anywhere that sells TV antenna cable and accessories and pick up a couple of F-Connector push-on adapters. You'll screw the adapter onto the end(s) of the cable and then just push the cable onto the post hookup. Be warned, though, that you'll want a tight fit. When the fit is loose i use a pair of pliers to gently squeeze the adapter making a tight fit on the post.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 02:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
sure. stop by Home Depot, Menards or anywhere that sells TV antenna cable and accessories and pick up a couple of F-Connector push-on adapters. You'll screw the adapter onto the end(s) of the cable and then just push the cable onto the post hookup. Be warned, though, that you'll want a tight fit. When the fit is loose i use a pair of pliers to gently squeeze the adapter making a tight fit on the post.
Good point on keeping it tight. One of the downsides of kicking it off too often is the end gets wimpey! Maybe get two and not have to fight it as either end, just plug in?

Also when shopping, there is a bit better quality one that comes with a springy wire circle around the end that gets bent and it seems like it lasts longer. But how long can we spend on avoiding trouble with a 2-3 dollar item?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote