Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Am I naive?

My wife has complained for some time that "stuff" has a tendency to disappear from our RV when it is in for service. Not expensive stuff, but small stuff like shirts and bathing suits. I had a hard time believing that anyone in a respectable Ford dealership where we take our RV for normal service, or in the RV dealership itself would be stealing stuff like that, but since our RV is now in for some extended service to fix a DEF issue and will be there for "a couple of weeks" she insisted that we empty out the stuff we keep in the RV. When we did so she listed the stuff that is no longer there.

Now we don't keep any expensive stuff in the RV when we are not using it. We remove all of the portable electronics, cables, cameras, money and the like when we return from a trip but have been leaving clothing, towels, slippers and other stuff because it is just a lot of trouble to empty everything out and then restock it when we go on another trip.

Has anyone seen stuff disappear when their RV is in for service? I assume the service folks are all bonded and I did not worry about that before, but I have begun to do so now. Have I been naive?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote