Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2023, 07:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Atwood G6A-8E Hot Water Pressure Relief Valve dripping

Good Day Fellow Winnie Owners.
I have a long trip planned with my Winnebago Motorhome this summer so have spent the winter upgrading, renewing many of the systems in my motorhome. I was pretty proud of myself in rebuilding the rusty components of my hot water tank. Replaced the burner tube, thermostat/eco sensors, pressure relief valve, igniter components. Figured I was pretty handy. I had it out a couple times now and have noticed an issue. When hot water tank heats, as it gets close to full temp the pressure relief valve releases a reasonable amount of water. Consistent drip making a small puddle in the base of heater and dripping down the side of camper. Is this normal? My former pressure relief valve was so corroded it probably wouldn’t work no matter what the pressure. Is my new pressure valve working correctly by letting out this water?. Another symptom this week was the drain plug sprung a pinhole leak. I’ve researched this can be a safety mechanism if there is a pressure problem. The tank is heating water to 125 degrees Fahrenheit. It is an Atwood G6A-8E.
Thoughts and advice very much appreciated.
Take care.
Sean
CanoeCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood, water