Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2023, 06:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Replace Shower Faucet on 2008 View 24J

I am trying to replace the shower faucet on our 2008 24J View. However, I am not able to remove the old one. I am stuck at the point of this photo. I have the 4 screws loose/removed and expected to be able to get some movement in the old faucet. I can slide the back plate but how can I get the faucet off.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7285.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	185807
mexicopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 06:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You're going to have to remove that plate that's against the shower wall and unscrew the PEX nuts on the back of the faucet, then the two thin plastic nuts that hold the faucet tight to the plate. Take out the 4 screws then you will have to pry slightly on the plate as it is probably stuck on pretty good with silicone or caulk. Be careful nut to scratch or crack anything, be very gentle. If you have to use a tool consider a plastic automotive trim tool. Clean off as much caulk as you can first as you will have to re-caulk anyway.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I can push the black plate it a bit up and down but it is tight against the wall. I tried to force it a bit but did not want to go to hard. If the plate breaks it would not matter I guess, but I need to get behind it. I will pry harder and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback
Old 04-29-2023, 07:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Sometimes a picture can explain a lot?
This is a snip from the plumbing info here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...524j_plumb.pdf

Click to get a better view or go direct?
Click image for larger version

Name:	showwer.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	185808

The faucet is mounted to another plate, that means taking that first plate loose by removing the four screws will let you then get the caulk holding it also cut loose!
A putty knife is what I used to use for caulk but now my favorite tool is an oscillating tool as it does the work and I'm fond of that as well as I put fewer nicks in the thing I'm working on!

As mentioned the plate can be kind of brittle, so take it easy on too much prying before all the caulk is cut off!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 08:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Richard. That picture is very helpful.
Harry
Old 07-04-2023, 06:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Got it fixed thanks to your input. Got the plate off without braking it.

Tags
ace, replace, shower, view