Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2021, 08:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Interesting water leak. 2000 Suncruiser 35U

Just developed an interesting water leak today. When using city water, I have a leak somewhere to rear of kitchen and about 3 feet in from side of motor home. Looking in bay under kitchen cannot see or hear anything, but can see piping.. If I shut off city water and use fresh water tank and pump leak goes away.. Any ideas?
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Water Leak

I had a similar leak and noticed water coming out by sink/slide only on floor, small puddle when city water was hooked up. I removed my kitchen drawers and saw an intermittent leak on the side wall where the external water hose is attached through the side wall. Just thought it might be a loose water hose connection on the outside. No such luck. Removed three screws from the fresh water hose attachment on the side of my rig. The coach in the wall hose is attached to the connector with a pex clamp and the hose is not pex. Mine was the white braided pvc hose. The connector was not tight replaced pex clamp with hose clamp (metal adjustable hose clamp). Put a dab of dicor on each screw and reinstalled wall connector. A year later and still no leaks.
When removing the fresh water connector be careful and either have someone hold the internal hose through the sidewall or tie it off. If it falls down inside the coach would take some effort to retrieve it as mine is behind the kitchen cabinets.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

After doing much research on here and other forums, I have come to conclusion that I either have a bad city water/water tank fill valve or a bad check valve on the pump. Will be checking both later this week.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak, suncruiser