Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TV reception

I have a winnebago tt 2201ds having trouble get station with roof antenna,any suggestion? In the Jacksonville fla area
Jonnypip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Jonnypip, check power to antenna amp there should be a small button on the antenna plate.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Make sure the power boost is turned on ( green light). Make sure to depress ant button on control box. Raise antenna and do a full auto search for cchannels.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Not knowing age of antenna and assuming it is a Winegard they have a supplemental antenna that attaches to the older antennas that significantly improves reception. I believe they have even upgraded that since I bought mine about $25. The new antennas come with it-it sticks out at 90 degrees from the antenna about 8" or so.

I assume that the upgraded replacement would interchange with it if your antenna has it. The booster definitely needs to be turned on
Old 01-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Make sure the power boost is turned on
(green light).
Make sure to depress ant button on control box. Raise antenna and do a full auto search for channels.
The "power on' indicator LED for my antenna amp is red, not green, (however the color is not relevant).
But, as both Monacoach & jazzerjump said, the amp has to be on ON for the antenna to work best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerjump View Post
Not knowing age of antenna and assuming it is a Winegard they have a supplemental antenna that attaches to the older antennas that significantly improves reception. I believe they have even upgraded that since I bought mine about $25. The new antennas come with it-it sticks out at 90 degrees from the antenna about 8" or so.
The booster definitely needs to be turned on
Jonnypip
That would be the Winegard Wingman: Winegard RV-WING Wingman Sensar Antenna Upgrade (RV-WING) from Solid Signal
And, as Monacoach said, you must perform a "channel search" on your TV.
Mel
'96 Safari, (18 year old Winegard batwing antenna, with Wingman added).
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Do you get any stations? If your near a city and the little booster light is on, a channel scan should get you at least 20 stations.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

First make sure you are looking in the proper direction, As I recall (Jacksonville shows up on my station finder) you have a few down there, Likely on the north side of town. (Wings should point east and west for north)

If you have added the wingman, it points toward stations.

Now, make sure amplifer has power, this is a two part job
If you have the famous wall plate with the switch, light, 12 volt outlet and antenna jack light must be on

Box of many buttons Light must be on and ANT selected for the TV you are using.

TELEVISION must be a modern Wide Screen, older CRT jobs and Sqauarish screen TVs can not receive modern Digital TV (Over the air kind).

Tell TV to scan, if it finds a channel pick it and go to signal strength, slowly rotate antenna to peak.. GENERALLY transmitters are grouped, I'm too far away from jacksonville to be sure (LIke 90 miles) but generally they are grouped.

If all else fails, I can make a house call but that's 180 miles at 25mpg so I'd need to be paid.

Final test, requires two people or one with a lot of energery

Turn off antenna (Turn off power on Box of many buttons or turn off switch on wall plate)

Go topside with a volt meter and disconnect cable from antenna.

Carefully hook probes of meter (I use one jumper cable) to the center wire (Red, Positive) and shell (Nut) black, negative, Set meter to DC volts, 15 or 20 volt range (Depends on meter)

Have partner turn it on.. DO YOU HAVE battery voltage? YES, good, Turn off and re-connect, NO, you have a cable or switch issue.

(NOTE sometimes re-connecting fixes it).
Old 01-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If you are using the old crt screen type tv, then you will need a converter box to tune in channels.