Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-05-2023, 08:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Honest info, careless ad, or just shady ethics?

We live in an age where it is hard to know what to expect when we read an article on the internet. This seems to be a case where it "looks" like info that RV owners might want to know as it involves RV blowouts.

The headline?
"Regulators Investigate Deaths, Injuries Linked to Goodyear Motorhome Tires"

That DID catch my attention!
The info is presented as info from a major legal firm here in the Central Texas area. Does that make it honest, reliable info?
Not when I read closer!

Looks like they are bending the ethics pretty hard just to make folks read what is a simple ad for their services!

https://thomasjhenrylaw.com/blog/reg...torhome-tires/

Let me point to a few details I've spotted in this bogus ad!

For those running RV without TPMS, there CAN be a good point to pick up if we look at the pictures in the ad. The tire shown is not likely to be from an RV but it also has no temp/pressure monitor installed, so keep that in mind as we go along! It would have been safer for the driver of this tire to have a monitor even if on a car.

Then we get down to the real bogus part of the ad?
"Currently, the investigation covers roughly 40,000 tires manufactured between 1996 and 2003."

YUP! If your tires are more than twenty years old or it takes more than twenty years to get around to investigating the tires, maybe this is not really news worth reading!!!

I'm thinking this puts this "law firm" out of my comfort zone on ethics!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 08:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Ambulance chasers abound. IMO, Ever since the American Bar Assn. allowed lawyers to advertise, professionalism has been on a downward spiral, with no bottom in sight.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I find it interesting that when any group is left to monitor itself, things get sloppy. The only way to keep things honest is to have somebody ELSE watch them. Whether it is doctors, lawyers, plumbers, or the supreme court, somebody better have controls or they are just money grubbers like the rest of us and prone to being corrupt!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I find it interesting that when any group is left to monitor itself, things get sloppy. The only way to keep things honest is to have somebody ELSE watch them. Whether it is doctors, lawyers, plumbers, or the supreme court, somebody better have controls or they are just money grubbers like the rest of us and prone to being corrupt!
You left out the airlines industry.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote