Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-09-2023, 06:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie FLX - Keep plugged in during storage?

I just picked up a 2023 FLX 2108FBS and got it situated on the side yard, where it will be stored. Still figuring out how the Lithium/Solar/Inverter/Truma systems all talk to one another. It does look like they finally got all the settings corrected from the factory, I didn’t have to change anything.

I planned on keeping the FLX plugged into a 15 amp outlet all the time. The Xantrex app let me dial the AC input down to 15 from 30 amps and it runs everything fine.

My first issue is that the DC fridge seems to run all the time if you’re plugged in, and I don’t know that there is any way to turn it off. I don’t really need it on while stored so I guess it’s just wasting power and adding wear on the fridge.

Second, the Truma AC seems to run the fan NON-STOP on either the cooling or auto setting. So, even when the compressor kicks OFF, the fan maintains blowing on low. Typically, I would set the AC to 82 or so while stored just as a means to dehumidify the trailer, but I’m a little concerned that this will prematurely wear out the blower, since it will run non-stop. The Truma also has a “dehumidify” setting, which I tested out and it seemed to ignore the temperature setting get the interior of the trailer to a ridiculously cold temp.

So, I’m not sure if I should bother staying plugged in or if the added wear on the fridge and Truma AC are negligible? Thoughts?
Rbarbot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 07:34 AM   #2
Site Team

I don’t know enough about all the FLX’s controls to help with those two issues but I would think that your solar panels will keep everything charged up if not covered up. You might want to unplug and see if that’s enough.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:26 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

You didn't give a reason why you want to keep it plugged it, but hey it's all good. Since it's sitting outside and if you don't live in a dry climate, you might as well get yourself a small dehumidifier. If you do decide to unplug, don't forget to enable the battery disconnect to preserve the battery charge.

Maybe you could flip the breakers for the fridge and AC? Just a thought.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Most 12v fridges have an I/O on/off switch inside the fridge. You have to hold the switch down for 3 seconds and the fridge will turn off. I’d be surprised if OP fridge doesn’t have that switch.

RV thermostats are a bit quirky on settings. All of them have a setting for auto/on fan stating. On most, you have to turn on the A/C first, then go to the fan menu and select auto.

If you’re concerned about humidity, it’s more economical to run a 12v dehumidifier, the type with drain hose. Or, use a ac dehumidifier with drain if you’re plugged to SP. You can set it in the shower or sink and let it drain into the Gray tank. Put a Valterra cap with hose connection on your dump drain downstream of your Valterra gate valve and let the condensate drain out onto the ground. No harm at home. It’ll just drip.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

check on the back wall of the fridge. There's a dial that you can turn to 0 which seems to turn the fridge off.
Heyheyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 09:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I found this out too, at least with the Dometic fridge. If you're looking at the fridge, it's the button on the left. Press & hold it for 5+ seconds, and the fridge will turn off.

Not sure about the Truma question. We have our FLX at a storage place and it's not plugged in. It's dry here in our part of California so humidity hasn't been a problem.

Tags
storage