Hey everyone, just wanted to share a recent weight distribution mod I recently performed.
After getting rid of my (2) 6V batteries (150 lbs.) from the tongue and replacing it with a single lithium (45 lbs.) in the pass-thru, it was an opportunity to move the spare tire from the rear bumper to the front and redistribute some load back to the tongue.
Preparation involved re-routing the propane line and electrical wiring.
I found a spare tire winch on Amazon for a 2007 F-250 that had the exact dimensions I was looking for as far as height and footprint. I fabricated an aluminum plate, riveted it to the frame and bolted on the winch. It holds the tire up very securely.
I then fabricated a .050 powder coated diamond plate that matched the front perfectly and fastened it down with (4) 1/4-20 knurled thumbscrews.
Found a large, waterproof toolbox and added rubber pads to prevent vibration and slippage. This gave me some additional space in the pass-thru and easy access to my tools.
Clearance isn't an issue, as I've tested it going up and down a steep driveway. By removing the weight from the rear, it now tows even better than it did originally.
Total cost was around $120. I think it turned out extremely well and looks factory