Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2022, 09:23 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

If loading your trailer causes a change in your hitch weight then fix it. Also drivers side to passenger side balance is a consideration especially on single axel trailers. If you increase the difference of loading too much between the sides of a trailer then the rig will torque during turns and twist on the hitch.
Balanced loading is easy when you do it with common sense and use scales. To ascertain a hitch weight a portable that is heavy capable is a good idea, thanks for the reminder to pick one up before de-wintering our rig and taking it down the road in the coming spring.
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:17 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
How much stuff do you feel you bring with you?
I honestly have no idea what information you are seeking.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:18 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
While web forums can be helpful at times. With advice from the many on them, they can also be very frustrating when an answering party reads into the question.
As far as my question here goes, it was meant to be very simple question.

How much stuff do you feel you bring with you?

It wasn’t so I can gauge how much stuff I can bring. I was just genuinely curious as to how much stuff people are bringing on a trip. Everyone has their reasons why they bring what they do.

I’m not upset about it, I will be joining other forums as well, just to get a wider range of information.
Anytime you post a non-specific question, you should expect the responses to wander a bit, and not hit the nail squarely on the head. members post their opinions, and others post opinions on those opinions. IMHO Members are by and large genuinely interested in helping. No thread is laser focused on the OP. Every thread morphs a bit. And as you can easily surmise, your original post was not very specific and elicited a variety of responses, none of which it seemed to meet your expectation. Nobody is a mind reader, and nobody deserves criticism for what they believed to be a legitimate and helpful response.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:32 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Just curious, how much weight do you think you add to your travel trailer when you go on a trip?

Just trying to get an idea.

Whats your trailer length?
How long of a trip?
How many people?
How many days food?
Clothes? Etc?

We’re planning at least a two week to and fro. 4 people and dog.
2016 Micro Minnie 2106DS, 21' 11"
10 days
2 adults & 2 cats
2 full 20 lbs propane tanks, 2 BB batteries in pass-through, 31 gal, freshwater, 3 gal. blackwater

Listed dry weight 3705 lbs, gross weight 7000 lbs, CAT scale weigh 5180 lbs. (Approx. 1500 lbs of stuff)
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote