Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2023, 11:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Even Micro Minnie Size matters

Originally started looking at the 1808FBS thinking it would work good with the 22 Nissan Frontier we have. After looking at them in person the 2108FBS is more to our liking. So today I started looking at the spec on my truck and I’m unsure it will do the job correctly.
According to the manufacturer the Max tow is 6270 with max tongue of 500 dead. Thoughts?
Audioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioi View Post
Originally started looking at the 1808FBS thinking it would work good with the 22 Nissan Frontier we have. After looking at them in person the 2108FBS is more to our liking. So today I started looking at the spec on my truck and I’m unsure it will do the job correctly.
According to the manufacturer the Max tow is 6270 with max tongue of 500 dead. Thoughts?
We tow our 2108FBS with a 2022 Nissan Frontier. It gets the job done but I think that will depend on where you are and where you want to go. I live in flat Indiana and it does just fine around here. If I lived somewhere with real hills and mountains I would want something bigger.

We have been as far as Pigeon Forge in our setup and it got up and over the big hills without issue. It was slow but we got there. You gotta be ready to live in the right lane with semis passing you uphill.

Another thing to add is our Frontier has the tow mode which I understand to be helpful when you get to the other side of the mountain to help with speed and control. I also use a Tekonsha brake controller. They make a wire harness you can clip in for easy install. The wire harness is tucked under the dash above the emergency break.
crumjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 06:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You’ll hit the 500lbs tongue weight for sure. empty trailer will be around 500LBS already. (Full propane and battery)

shuff 300lbs of stuff and some water in it and you’ll be at 600 easy.

Stick with the 1808 (already borderline) or 1720FB no slide but lots more storage still has dinette
MicroMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote