Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

City water leaks in Micro Minnie 2100BH

Hello all,

I just found my 2100BH water leaks when it was connected to city water only. I forgot to use the water pressure regulator ...
I think the leaking highly possible came from the PEX clamp loosen or some pipe loosen, my question here is how can we access the TT plumbing system to check the connections and find the actual root cause? Thanks!
Old 12-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There is no one answer for this as it depends on where it is leaking. If it at the kitchen sink, it may be possible to spot it by taking some drawers out but that is just the easy one and there are lots harder places to get to so finding what part, front, back or side of the RV is a good place to start.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

All of the pressure-side plumbing on the 2100BH is above the floor, which means you can check it visually (a very nice perk of the Micro Minnie trailers).

Kitchen: The plumbing for the water heater, water pump, and kitchen sink is all located here. Remove the blank panels inside the cabinets near the floor, remove the lower little drawer and the panel under the oven (2021A), or remove the lower little drawer and the big drawer (2021B). This gives access to most of the plumbing.

Back corner: The piping under the lower bunk is accessible by removing the panel in the back corner. This exposes the low point drains, exterior shower, and city-water connections.

Toilet: The plumbing running to the toilet is easy to check (you can see it).

Shower: The only difficult thing to check is the shower and the pipe runs under the shower. You may be able to see it looking back from the kitchen, or alternatively you may be able to remove the heating duct under the shower and look around via that aperture.

Where are you seeing evidence of a leak?

Just a tip for anyone interested: I highly recommend using the fresh-water tank and the pump (not city water) for the first camping trip of each season (after winterization) and for the first camping trip with a new trailer. The pump will pressurize the lines and then stop. If the pump runs intermittently even though you are not using any water, that could indicate a leak in the plumbing system (pressure is dropping, pump cycling on to restore pressure). If the pump only runs when you are actually using water, that's a great indication your plumbing is holding pressure (no leaks).
Old 12-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for you detailed information and tips for the first camping trip!
Great, based on your information, I can do detailed check to figure out which one leaks. Just from previous observation, the water leak came out under the Kitchen sink area.
Thank you backtrack15!

Tags
leak, leaks, water, water leak