Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2022, 05:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Fuse 23T Pantry Drawer

Has anyone else had the pantry drawer that is under the refrigerator open on hard braking? On a recent trip, ours opened and broke free of the slide rails, eventually ending up on the floor. The rails do have stops to prevent it, but the force was apparently substancial to dislodge the stop pin. On further inspection, I noticed that the same slide had sustained this same event previously and was already damaged and weakened. The roller friction locks seem inadequate under anything but the most minor pull force. I installed a couple of the child-safe latches as temporary solution, but would like to hear if anyone else has attacked this.
Ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Vita 24P

Many use 10lb latches. However I like the child safety latches for backup.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your input 'lenore'. I guess i'd better be a little more explicit for those who aren't familiar with the Fuse 23T. The refrigerator and the pantry drawer are situated si that they face toward the FRONT of the coach. The weight of the drawer plus any weight of the items placed in the drawer add up to a substantial mass that wants to go forward under all breaking conditions. Hard breaking just just exceeds the holding force of the friction locks. When we were shopping for the Fuse, we saw one coach where the drawer had been completely removed and the dealer attributed it to mishandling. Now I know why it was out!
Ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 03:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Vita 24P

I understand, mine faces right side of coach on the Vita, but I load it very heavy and making left turns gives me same result. I added two 10lb latches, but still didnt work all the time, So Baby safety latches work great.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Vita 24P

Vmaisi Adhesive Magnetic Cabinet Locks (12 Locks and 2 Keys) could be a nice solution, I have not tried them...

Tags
fuse, winnebago