Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-12-2024, 06:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Which Minnie Winnie Mystery Chassis Wiring Options?

Good Morning All!
Looking at buying a used Minnie Winnie - 25B. How do I determine which chassis wiring option this RV has? 16G or 16Y?
Neither option is listed on the original order sheet like the other options.
Any idea how to determine which chassis wiring option a particular model has?

Thanks in advance!
coderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 07:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome.

We don’t know what model year you are looking at. Could you please provide this?

I know I don’t recognize the 16G and 16Y chassis designations you are asking about, but I assume you mean Ford E350 and E450 as those are the only two chassis options available.

On current model Minnie Winnies the 25B specifications say that the Ford E450 is the only chassis available.
Quote:
Ford E450 Chassis 350-hp 7.3L V8 Premium engine, TorqShift 6-speed automatic transmission w/overdrive, 210-amp. alternator (25B, 26T, 31H, 31K)
I don’t know if previous years offered a chassis option or not. But since I don’t know what year you’re looking at I can’t look that info up.

If the 16G and 16Y chassis designations are referring to something else I apologize for my ignorance. Winnebago makes hundreds of models with so many options that we can’t know them all
Old 01-12-2024, 08:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply! I am looking at the wiring diagrams for the 2022 25B Minnie Winnie. There are separate diagrams for 16G and 16Y options. I have know idea what they mean and what the differences would be!
I will update if I find out. They do not look any different to me.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2024, 08:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Talked to Winnebago - based on the VIN I gave them - I am looking at the 16G option.
Not sure what the differences is still - but it is something to do with the E450 chassis.
In the owners manual - the 16G and 16Y chassis have the same exact specs.
anyway - mark it solved! (kinda)
Old 01-12-2024, 08:55 AM   #5
Site Team

Good. I was going to say you'll need to call Winnebago.

I looked up the Parts Lists for the 2022 Minnie Winnie 25B and there was only one choice - no 16X designations. But then I looked at the Brochure and again no specifics.

There must have been a subtle chassis change mid-year and that changes the wiring diagrams into two versions.

The one thing that doesn't change is the number of mysterious oddities there are in the 50-years of motorhome products Winnebago has produced.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I deal with the drawings often and one thing that often hits me is how many options there are!
Since you did not have the info on your dealer sheet, it really did leave you hanging on what the differences might be.
Looking for the differences on the two drawings might leave us going totally blind before we spotted something as small as a change in the wire gauge at some small point!
Some of the changes will seem meaningless when we read about them or see them on a drawing.
But from a practical standpoint, if we are looking for a wire in a box of dozens of wires and the drawing seems to show we are looking for an 18 gauge white wire, we may totally ignore the other version which may tell us to look for an 16 gauge black wire!

I've spent years looking at drawings from builders as different as the Dallas based Rockwell-Collins to the Japanese built NEC. One thing I will vouch for is that there is plenty of confusion when we start digging into any equipment we have never seen before, so getting the best, most exact info is a critical item when we want to get it repaired in the most effective way.

I do admit that the posted drawings are not perfect but I also have to say they do far better than other RV I've worked on!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Looks like Ford updated the radio/infotainment in the 2022 E450. I'd guess that 16G and 16Y are Winnebago chassis designations for the '21 and '22 model year chassis. In the diagrams, you can see the backup camera and radio is different between them.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 12:46 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Tim! That is good info. Appreciate the help everyone!

Tags
wiring, chassis