Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-20-2023, 08:30 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I received a RV rear camera system kit as a gift, which I'm about to install. It uses wireless communication between a small rearview camera and a screen I can mount in the cab several different ways.

I'll mount the camera inside at the top of the rear window facing out the rear through the window. Whenever we travel, I'll power the camera by plugging it's 12V plug into a portable power station I keep on the bed back there that normally powers a CPAP machine when we sleep.

I'll power the screen in the cab by plugging it's 12V plug into a cigarette lighter outlet on the cab dash.

This will be easy - with no wiring required and making use of a power station we already have. This color image system has several different image and screen control functions available via the touch screen in the cab.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:02 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Great information. My question is how do you remove the rear center cap. I cut the sealant and stuck a putty knife underneath the cap to release whatever sealant was under there. The center cap moves up a bit but then stops. what else do I have to do. Thanks in advance.
efenclau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:14 AM   #23
'21 View 24J

Hi - On our '21 View, the top cap was held on by six or eight screws under the sealant, driven vertically through the rear cap into the roof structure. In addition, it was also secured to the rear wall by three horizontal screws, protected by those little esthetic cap covers.

With the sealant removed, the vertical roof screws removed, and the back wall screws out, the cap lifted off easily. We have running lights in the rear cap, so I did not worry about removing the top cap completely - I secured the loose cap to the sky light and ladder with tape, and did my work with it hanging there.

If you wish, drop me a note and I'll pass you some notes and extra photos I have for the job.

Cheers!
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:41 AM   #24
'21 View 24J

Here is a photo of one of the screws I found under the sealant:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	View Top Cap screw edge.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	185074  
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote