Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2017, 05:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Navion backup camera wiring?

I just bought a 2007 Navion 23J. It does not have a backup camera. Does anyone know if the wiring for a camera is already installed into the coach? I am hoping I can just buy a camera and monitor and install them without having to try and run the wiring through the coach. If the wiring is preinstalled how do I find the ends?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Carroll
citfta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I don't know the answer and perhaps someone with a model which is similar to yours will answer. You may want to look up the wiring diagram on the Winnebago website or contact Winnebago customer service at 800-537-1885. My Old Rockwood trailer took the power from the marker light but the lights had to be on to power the camera.
Lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply. I did try to download the wiring diagram from the Winnebago site but the link is not working. I sent them an email asking about the wiring..
Old 12-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Rather strange update. While looking at different forums I found Irv2. Then found a thread about info you can get from Winnebago. When I clicked on the link for wiring diagrams it appeared to be the same as the Winnebago site I had already been to a couple of times. However when I then clicked on the wiring diagram link it worked. So now I have the wiring diagram which shows how the backup camera is wired. It also appears it is already installed as the info in the drawing shows where to terminate the ends of the cable if not being connected to the camera and monitor.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Great news! That is how I had accessed the diagrams. FYI, the wonderful folks at IRV2 forum created and spun off this forum. There are other Winnebago resource links for plumbing, parts, etc. that you can access.
Lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

As I posted earlier, when I couldn't get the link to the wiring diagrams to work I sent an email to Winnebago and asked about the wiring diagrams. Today I received a phone call from Winnebago informing me they had sent some emails with PDF files of the wiring diagrams. When I got home today I did have 3 emails with all the wiring diagrams in PDF form. Since I sent the email to them on Sunday I did expect them to not respond very quickly. So I was pleasantly surprised to get a response today.

I am well pleased with dealing with Winnebago so far. Now I have two copies of the wiring diagrams, but that is OK.

Tags
camera, wiring