Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Backup camera

HI,
I have a 2019 24J Navion. The camera works sometimes, but often
on the screen says no video, or just a bunch of colors show. Any body
else have this problem. Still under warranty, but this is intermittent and
will probably work when I take it in to be fixed.

Thanks
[email protected]
coloradohi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradohi1 View Post
HI,

Thanks
[email protected]
I have the exact same problem on my 2019 View 24J. Seems like the cold weather is affecting my backup camera. Took it to the dealer and they ordered a replacement camera. They told me it will require removing a large chuck of trim on the rear roof and removing the factory caulking/sealant in order to unplug the old camera. The wiring harness is way inside the roof.

Before you do this however, have you upgraded the Firmware of the GPS/Head Unit? I have the 9" GPS/screen Option and the firmware version (4.5.3790) that came with the unit from WGO was horribly buggy and very laggy. I updated the firmware (and maps) recently and everything worked much better. The map updates are free.

Check out this video on how update your firmware and maps....
jnguyen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi, and thanks for the reply. I have had this problem all summer, so I don't think the
cold is/was the problem. Guess I will take it to the dealer to get it fixed. I kind of figured
it would be a big deal. So was trying to see if there was another solution. I sure am
enjoying our 24j. Hope you are having fun with the View.
Thanks
Dave and Cindy Beach
Old 10-16-2019, 10:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Check step by step

Have you tried to remove the head unit to make sure the leads are connected soundly? Usually a video feed issue can be traced to a connection issue and the head unit is a good place to start and at the camera itself at the rear. The camera housing is held by a few screws and I'd bet it is one of those two spots where a connection issue is. Just giving you the highest likelihood of fault in the system.
Scott.CWguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hi Scott. Thank you for the info! I will try to check the contacts in the morning.
Seems like every day I find out something new about my Winnie. lots to learn.
Thanks again
Old 10-17-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I had the same exact problem with my 15 view... changed the camera at dealer (my cost) and it worked for about an hour. Got home and called riverpark. They sent me a new interface module (no charge for part) that is between the unit and the camera, it's located behind the dash and you need to remove the unit to change out the module, I had to return the "bad" unit. Been working fine for now
Old 10-17-2019, 08:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

NYBobbo,
Thanks for the reply. Learning a bunch, and lots of ammunition for taking the unit
back to the dealer for repair.
Thanks again
Dave
Old 10-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

yes if you're still under warranty let them do the work, mine was post warranty and I was happy to get the module at no cost and took me a few hours to complete the entire job
Old 10-23-2019, 07:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I am having the same problem with my 2019 ViewD. It is not the connection because the camera works just fine if I go to the menu and turn the camera on, but as soon as I shift gears to reverse, it says "no video detected"..then when I move to P, N, or D, I get the camera until I hit a button for the radio. This happens about 90% of the time but not ALL of the time. I am convinces that it is a software bug, and not an electrical connection. It just happened again last week on a long road trip to Talladega for the race. I had a check engine problem so I took it to the Mercedes dealer in Sarasota, FL. I asked them to look at the camera, but as soon as they turn on the ignition, the Winnebago screen comes up, so they would not deal with it.
Paulwhite626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Bad connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradohi1 View Post
HI,

Thanks
[email protected]
Sounds like my after market camera. The connections weren't installed properly.
Hope it's that simple for you
J
joycev1105a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:21 AM   #11
RJ2
Winnebago Camper

Backup camera fault

Had the same problem on the 24J , since purchase . Been to dealer twice . I notice
One time finally , when I happen to hit the dash above in discuss, it came on .
Took deck out of dash and it was and is the connection where it plugs in camera cable . About every 6 months it somehow gets loose and sporadic . Tap the dash hard it will come on if in reverse . I was about to get another camera .
RJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:59 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Backup camera

Our camera didn’t work when we bought our 2017 Winnebago VIA. Dealer said he fixed it and it worked about a mile down the road. We’ve taken it to three repair shops and same thing....works backing up to get out of repair lot, then quits. My son took it apart and put it back together and so far, it’s still working. It even comes on while driving!!! Guess it has a mind of its own. So I use my mirrors ALOT when backing up😂
Birdie2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

We had the same problem. On off and all those colors, blinking etc..
The whole unit is now being replaced. Lost everything- radio, GPS, camera- the whole system was bad and completely died. This was after it was “ fixed”. Lucky we bought the expensive warranty as well, and added ALL electronics, our Navion is only a year old.
AMDLCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:11 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Same Problem

We have had the same problem with our 2018 View 24V. We have taken it in to our local Winnebago repair shop multiple times and of course, it works fine when they try to check it. Since the problem is intermittent, seems like it would be a connection issue but I guess it's difficult to diagnose--especially when they can't duplicate the "no video" message. Frustrating!
ejpcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:27 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

We took a video with our phone of all the camera was doing on its own, such as: message which said no video available, all those horizontal color stripes, Turing on briefly while we were driving forward and or backing up then acting messed up again etc.. we showed them the videos and they immediately said it needs a new one period. The video was evidence
AMDLCD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera