Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Here is my observation from my modification. It's easy to confuse the chassis years. For 2020 Views/Navions the chassis changed to the new 2019 VS30 chassis. This has thicker sway bars from the factory than the previous generation sprinter vans.

My first drive with the 2020 view seamed that it was very responsive and handle ok. It did lean too much around corners. My next observation was that it handled poorly in any type of modest wind. I live in the Southwest. It gets windy all the time so not driving in the wind is pretty much stay at home.

My first mod was yellow sumo springs in the rear. This helped with the over leaning taking turns as well as when it was windy. I still wanted more improvement in the wind so I added the fox 2.5 shocks in the rear. This made no difference in my opinion with leaning or wind conditions (I have not tried the fox shocks without the yellow sumos) I noticed when trucks would pass that they pushed me quite a bit and some others recommended the sumo springs for the front for that. I added the black sumos for the front and that definitely helped with the trucks passing and wind. Both the front and back helped with driving conditions in the wind. Not a miracle but definitely better than stock form. If you are satisfied with the way it drives in stock form, I would leave it alone. The 2020 View is my 3rd motorhome and was the worst handling coach on the highway in stock form, so I figured there was room for improvement.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:20 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

The VS30 chassis rear sway bar is designed for commercial vans which will not be anywhere near as tall for the most part as a RV. A Hellwig 7777 sway bar for 2019 and later chassis (or 2020 or later RV's) sells for $313 and take less than an hour to install and can be done with the vehicles wheels on the ground.

At this point in time the Fox 2.0 and 2.5 shocks are backordered from Agile who does the conversion work. It the SumoSprings 338-54 in the rear do not do the trick then I will consider going with the Fox shocks.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkman View Post
The VS30 chassis rear sway bar is designed for commercial vans which will not be anywhere near as tall for the most part as a RV. A Hellwig 7777 sway bar for 2019 and later chassis (or 2020 or later RV's) sells for $313 and take less than an hour to install and can be done with the vehicles wheels on the ground.

At this point in time the Fox 2.0 and 2.5 shocks are backordered from Agile who does the conversion work. It the SumoSprings 338-54 in the rear do not do the trick then I will consider going with the Fox shocks.
There are different versions of the VS30. The standard van like the fedex Van's or or class B RV's or the cutaway chassis which the views sit on. I'm not sure if the sway bars are the same on both or not. However I've physically measured the thickness of the sway bar on the new VS30 cut away chassis. It's robust and would only be 3/16 of an inch thinner than the hellwig. Not sure how much difference the 3/16 of an inch would make. I wouldn't mind testing it but not a fan of the cheap brackets the hellwig comes with.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Another thought is to get an alinement from a good company. I got my 15 VG aligned by Lynnwood WA Mercedes. I had it aligned by a tire shop in 15 as my dealer could not Aline it.

Tags
suspension, upgrade