Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM   #1
~~~Retired Boat Driver~~~

2020 Navion slide stuck out, ugh !

Hi all, this ain’t a question but an ‘answer’ !

First, the good news #1; our 2020 Navion was/is at home awaiting the coming of spring and we weren’t in a hurry to leave a place or catch a scheduled anything. With a forecast of cold and snow, I decided to pull in the dinette slide/tip out.
It came in about 2 inches and seized on the rear-left side. Both motors were operating and it’d go back to the out position but repeated tries made no change.
After a swear and a “what’s next”!, I went in to warm house and rabbit trailed the amazing U-Tube trail, alternating back & fourth for three days. Coming close with the help of Darren and his wonderful ‘My RV Works’ offerings of remedies for Schwintek systems however, this is a Power Gear track setup… similar but different… my first dilemma was to find the hidden controller so I could run its ‘onboard diagnostic. After looking many many places inside the rig, note; the Winnebago info briefcase is zero help in this simple matter, on day four (after another brain cooldown night), after another series of web search, the controller was found in the exterior storage compartment below the malfunctioning tip out and clearly marked…
duh->me, I then remembered seeing it numerous times as I was grabbing the barbie’ and backup beer ! Motors and all checked out fine, somewhat of a relief after seeing the replacement process along with learning of no “get home” override procedure for this model. I then rechecked the friction pads and gears,
this time noticing a wee sign of rubber moulding stuck in the top rear pinion & rack gears outside, with the help of a ladder and light. Ah Ha! Took a bit of in & out along with needle nose pliers, but it was fixed and never lost synchro!
And, yes there was a refreshing clod, crisp IPA (I Pee Alot) as a celebratory reward !
All in all, it as a good lesson that we CAN fix some stuff out there when cool heads prevail and a reprieve from the “O crap, what’s next” list.

My wife and I do have a list of gripes with the RV and could have words with the design team someday but for now, we’ll just enjoy being out there whenever we can ( :
Danjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Vita 24P

Glad you found the issue. Always remember to hold the in or out button for 3 seconds after reaching the out or in position (just a reminder) It syncs the motors and enables the locks.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:00 PM   #3
~~~Retired Boat Driver~~~

TX 4 reply…
Tru that. ‘Till it squeals and shuts its own self off’ is what I’m doing.
Danjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 11:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Schwintec and Power Gear use the same controller. Difference is in the rack. Schwintec uses the serpent rack (SlimRack) and Power Gear uses a rack and pinion type. Well, that's what I have been told so use it for what it might be not worth. There are some other differences, just can't remember they off hand.

Lippert owns Schwintec, Power Gear and Kwikee.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide