Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2006 View, "H" version - general questions

Looking hard at one of these for our first motor home. Is there anything in particular that we should watch out for? Common quirks or issues? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Skisail126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The 2006s have some problems depending on mileage. EGR valves are good for about 80K, glow plugs and transmission around 100K. On the Winnebago end expect the isolation solenoid and propane regulators to go out. There is a good Fb site for 2006- 2007 views
ForestF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:44 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

We only had one problem with our '06V23H. The resonator hose broke and we were stuck in LimpHomeMode for about 40 miles of interstate. Shop did a Half A fix etc. under warranty. Nope, I ordered an aftermarket aluminum resonator tube to replace the hose - never had another problem with that rig at all in 5 years. One of those "should have kept" rigs. I did a lot of mods along the way just to make things more to our liking. The Benz boys did finally make a better hose to replace the flaky original because of all the issues they had but the aluminum tube was flawless, 15 minute fix and done. That nice aluminum tube produce a bird chirp sound at certain RPM, always a comfort to hear that sound.

Do not overfill the engine oil, do it yourself or make sure the person doing it does not overfill. You will have a bunch of sensors to replace if it is overfilled. I had my oil changed one time by the Sprinter boys and never again. They did the overfill, went two blocks and had lights on, they had to replace sensors after draining oil down. Only way to change oil is do it yourself or find someone who knows how. It is the easiest oil change in any vehicle we ever had - just do not overfill.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Take a magnet and check the metal trim that joins the cab to the cab over on the outside. If the magnet sticks, its steel and you need to run fast and don't look back, you will find rust stains somewhere. Many '06 models have had the part changed out for the aluminum replacement, which Winnebago used to give to the owners. They now sell it for $1500 or so I am told. '07 Views (on '06 chasssis) should have the aluminum trim piece. The part is difficult to change out and unless you are a severe DIY person with a shop to accommodate the View, you probably won't want to get involved.

Ask if the charge/Boost solenoid has been replaced, and if so, with what. It is in the floor, between the seats. You have to open the door and unscrew a panel to access the electrical box. silver colored solenoid to the passengers side, rear wall of the box. Three terminals (two large and a small) indicate the original relay/solenoid, which probably works but doesn't pass current. Four terminals with a ground wire from a small one to the mounting bolt is most likely a Cole-Hersee 23214 which is the common and better replacement. You can test by taking a volt meter and measuring under hood battery voltage with engine running, then measure under step coach battery voltage also with engine running. If they are more than a tenth of a volt apart, the relay is most likely bad. No shore power while doing this.

Open the cover on the electrical box in the shore cord compartment, are the connections burned? very common.

Has the turbo resonator on the engine been replaced with an aluminum eliminator tube? or the resonator being either a Dorman replacement or a 4 gen Mercedes replacement?

Riordanco.com | Publications Catalog

Resonator is mounted directly to the outlet of the turbo on the passenger side of the engine toward the front.

When, how often has the transmission fluid been changed and was the torque converter drained also?

Has the original power converter in the bottom of the breaker and fuse box under the fridge, been replaced with a Progressive Dynamics unit? If not, the old Parallax unit will cook the batteries and also is known to burn up.

4600 series Upgrade Kits

Tons of other things to mention. I suggest joining the View/Navion forums. There is one on Facebook (I don't do facebook so never been to it) and there is one (actually 3) on Yahoo (which I have been on alot)

Basic forum https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/View-Navion/info

Tech Forum https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...avionTech/info

Mods forum, very valuable for the photos. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ViewNavionMods/info

Yahoo is quirky and requires you join and the forum system is the old BBS system from 1990 and is frustrating to use, but the information and people are invaluable assets. Best done with a laptop or desktop computer, works poorly on a portable device.

Charles