Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2020 ERA 70A Lights

I realize either I am missing something simple or something is wrong with my lights.

When I press any light switch it turns blue, but the lights do not turn on.

Even pressing the master switch doesnt work.

Can anyone please help me with this or do I need to go in for service?

Thanks
evolve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Are they dimmable, and set too low?
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

First can we get lots more info on details as things do vary so much.
Which lights do you mean, the inside lights or headlights, etc?
Does it work the same when working on shore power versus battery?
I'm guessing it is the interior lights and the switches have blue indicator lights on the switch? That is often a different circuit than the actual light power,so the details can make a different in something as simple as a control not set right or a breaker tripped. Info on how sure you are of the batteries being charged can often be a clue on electrical problems.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hello and thanks for the reply.

Yes, the blue switches are what Imean.

On any power source, one would think you hit the button and the light turns on or off.

I realize there is a type of memory in the master switch, but none of the lights turn on or off.

Last trip to dealer I was told they were fine and it was how they were last turned off or on.

Now I am stuck and cant figure this out and the manual is useless!!

Thanks
Old 09-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Are the coach/house batteries enabled? Interior coach lights are normally run off 12VDC power.
Long shot here, just a guess, but if you press and hold one of the light switches, does the light come on, and/or get brighter?
On this Lichtsinn RV 2020 ERA 70A demo video, at the 22:35 mark,

when the guy touches the master light switch, on the One Place touch screen, the display shows the various light groups, and their status. I noticed there's a > (right arrow) on the same screen. If you touch it what is displayed? More lighting options possibly? He skips past it, so I have to ask you.
At the 24:35 mark he mentions that the lighting is "dimmable" which was my first thought in my prior post.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I really appreciate you doing all that.

I have that exact coach.

When I press any light button, they switch from white to blue which would indicate they should be turned on.

But they aren't.

I have tried the master switch and that does nothing as well.

I am very confused.

But I do appreciate your efforts!!!
Old 09-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Sorry, but I find confusion naturally comes when we get a new RV!
So when I'm confused, I have to drop back and look at what I do know and check that, just to make sure I'm not missing some little item.
But that is where most of us will have never been in an RV with the features like your lights which are giving you fits. New, so not many experienced folks on your unit and the newer are coming with far less online info in the way of drawings that show the specifics, so we are a bit confined on that end. That leaves us guessing that your rv has something to match what we know on others but not always true, so if we ask about something you don't have, feel free to tell us! No need to talk about checking something if you know you don't have it!
Let's check some basics at the start like the batteries.
You have a battery to start and a set to run things in the coach, so there is likely to be a switch to turn the coach batteries off during storage. Do you have other things that are 12VDc like a water pump which works, so that you can know for sure the coach battery disconnect isin the right position and that the coach battery is charged? Thought it that if is runs a pump it runs a set of LED lights. Without wiring diagrams, I guess there might be times when the blue light indicators might work when the main did not, so just to verify, try a few things and let us know if things work or not, when on just battery and not plugged n or running the generator?
If none of the 12VDC stuff works, do you know where there is a battery disconnect switch to try?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Short of checking every fuse and breaker in the unit at the fuse/breaker panel, and the ones on the outside base of the passenger seat, if there are any located there, I'm stumped. I checked my passenger seat breaker labels and none were for "Lights", so not likely, but you could have a look and press all the little reset buttons anyway. Maybe the ERA is wired differently than the Navion?

I'm in Canada and you're in Florida? I could book an in person trouble shooting session for you, but our governments still have the border closed to land traffic, and I don't fly. If you're still having the problems when they do reopen the border, post up another thread and I'll see what I can do.

p.s. You're right, the manual is useless.

Tags
light, lights